need help g/box problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icrawl

Reaction score
hi guys , taking off from a set of lights this morning in 1st gear my g/box went bang , i can select and drive with all other gears and reverse apart from 1st now . I can select 1st gear but when i take foot off clutch i get a grinding noise as if it hasnt gone into gear properly can any one help with any sugestions as to what the probloem may be and also what the cost would be to fix. Its a 03 str 3ltr diesal turbo with only 100,000kms there are no other noises at all while driving or in netural in any gear thanks im in melbourne

Sounds like your up for a rebuild or another gearbox.

This is the first D22 gearbox failure I have heard of.

Good luck.

Dave.

As Dave said, it's the first gearbox I've heard of going bang like that too, my guess would be 1st gear has stripped the spline on the shaft, similar to what the Patrols were known to do on 5th gear, but this would be very rare, either way the box will have to come out for a rebuild, or you could try and chase one down from a wrecker which may save some money.

didnt the patrols only do it when changin to 5th at less than 80kmh? thats why my landcruiser box stuffed up

Latest posts

Back