Mud / Pebbles inside tyre.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses19

Reaction score
Whilst out on a track about a month ago I hit a wall of mud pretty hard whilst inside a rut. Tonight I noticed the sound of dirt / rocks rolling inside the tyre as I rolled it around. I can't find damage to the rim and the tyre is holding pressure.

My question, is the foreign substances inside the tyre going to cause damage so go straight away to get it removed or is it just gonna be noisy and annoying and not critical?

i wouldnt think it could get in without taking the bead off but i would get it removed anyway

I'm guessing as it was really sloppy / liquid mud some got in when I hit the rut wall and has now dried out. Then again we drove through that much slop that day who knows. Thats just my best guess. i only ask as for me to get the tyre in to a shop is a pain in the ass.

how much tread is left on it and are they daily tyres? if you don't do a lot of km on them it should be ok, if it was something that was going to damage it chances are it would have by now...

For work I drive about 10 mins each way. I plan on getting the crap out, just didn't know how urgent it was. Heaps of tread left. Got another set of tyres for going bush now. Just waiting on getting some cheap rims for them. Anyone know a appox tyre width for 750.16 tyres?

It may not be mud... I have seen small rubber balls inside tyres that I changed when I used to be in the industry. Not sure how they got there? Maybe foreign material inside the tyres from new and rolling around picking up loose stuff like a snowball rolling and picking up snow?
But anyway better to get it checked because I have also seen mud and rocks forced between the rim and bead and the tyre will slowly go down because it isn't airtight anymore...

For work I drive about 10 mins each way. I plan on getting the crap out, just didn't know how urgent it was. Heaps of tread left. Got another set of tyres for going bush now. Just waiting on getting some cheap rims for them. Anyone know a appox tyre width for 750.16 tyres?

7.5 inches

Back