d21 1988 rebuild

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowdy

Reaction score
so for the past 2 and half years we have slowly been stripping down this 1988 navara dual cab 4x4 td27 with a/c power steering and nice rear and front bull bar with an aluminium tray. in the past year we have real got stuck into it and just today payed for a new body which i will be going to pick up on saturday. the navara i have the body is riddled with rust and there is no way in hell! we could fix it all at home and get it passed for road worthy. there is some rust on the chassis but that is an easy fix its only 4 small bits so no worries :)
with buying the body today i got home from work grabber my tools and attacked it and the 3 hour rend result was all panels off all doors and the loom out. not just a bit of it but all of it and i was able to pull it out of the car :)

anyway give us a yell with your thoughts or suggestions or tips or anything

link to the pics: http://www.navara.asia/album.php?albumid=341

What Dave said. You'll know the ute inside out by the time you've finished!

You need a heater box at some stage?

yeah i need to find one soon before i start to put it back togeather.

im no to phased by the rust its more the learning of the car :p

there is not alot of work to be done on the mechanical side of things there is the centre drag link. a bottom ball joint, some bushings new struts and i rebuilt the power steer pump at work the other week so it looks new :p and all 4 new shocks and tires, and a full fluid change.

i have a spare power steer pump (courtesy of the boss) for parts or if anyone wants one?

You'll be over working on them in no time.

I work for Telstra haha. Worked on many cars over the years.

I am looking at a Electrical Apprenticeship. I am 28 though, so money shouldn't be that bad.

yeah electricians make a tone!

my girlfriend is 17 and gets 16.68 as a first year....... i was like WTF! she gets 1.2 grand a week before tax. for a 17 year old... thats a s#!t load. she decided to rebuild and do up a beetle with her dad :p

any suggestions for upgrades to the navara when putting it all back together?

Not bad mate, she a sparky ?

On the upgrades, check all the bushes, shocks, eaves etc.

A D22 interior will go straight into the D21, the brackets on the firewall for the dash are different though. Dion told me that.

Oh and by the way, Dion is a very switched on guy on D21's.

He runs a QD32 in his though, he installed it.

The QD32 in the big brother of the TD27. Has a better intake manifold and uses a stronger gearbox. The FS5R30.

yeah i have been speaking to dion and he has given me some help :p

i want to get a d22 center console in to mine because it came with some home made box with carpet on it...

i dont think i want to change the engine and gearbox at this point, but i will give it a look :)

yeah she works with stowe

^ See that name quite abit in Telstra sites. She'll get some good experience with them.

What colour is your interior mate ?

Brown :p and I havnt decided what I want to make the floor out of, either vynal or marine carpet. It will be in and out a lot as I will be 4wding and it will get filthy

Latest posts

Back