D40 Wheel Size and Offset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowy85

Reaction score
Hi guys, I thought it would be good to start a thread seeing all the qustions on wheel offset for the D40's. I for one am having a huge issue trying to work out what size and offset I will need to run 285/70/R17 without rubbing the guards and making sure the tyres are in line with the guards or just slightly outside.

If people who have after market rims and tyres could post up pics and state the offset, size of rim, and any spacing used I think it will help a lot of people out. Also state if there is any rubbing at full flex and full steering lock?

Cheers
Paul

I run 265/75/16 on my d40 with 16x8, 0 offset dynamic rims. There is no rubbing when aired up. When I air down and am full lock they just scrub. But I still have my mudflaps on also. Taking them off allow a bit more room.

Attachments

• 2012-02-10 17.23.37.jpg
    2012-02-10 17.23.37.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 2,590
  • 2012-02-10 17.22.14.jpg
    2012-02-10 17.22.14.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 2,582
32s scrubbing even with a 4" lift? I know its a different offset, but i cant help but think somethings not right.

I run 265/75/16 on my d40 with 16x8, 0 offset dynamic rims. There is no rubbing when aired up. When I air down and am full lock they just scrub. But I still have my mudflaps on also. Taking them off allow a bit more room.

Good work mate thanks for the info! Keep em coming :)

I've got 265/75/16 MTZ on 16x8 (pretty sure i've got the same rims as Leighto) with a zordo lift kit, no scrubbing. but haven't had a chance to air them down.

Last edited:
ive beeen window shoppin online for rims,

i am figuring on a 16x8.5 rim with a -5.3mm offset, or a 17x9 with close to zero offset would be best for what i am thinking of doing,

coincidentally i have found that these rims would fit a dodge durango if your looking on the internet, if u search for the Frontier it always seems to want to give you +20mm offset rims (or therabouts and the bolt patterns are both 6/4.5)

i have been looking into it, and changing my rims offset would be a better option (for me) than trying to fit stock rims with 33's under the truck, i have the stock steelies and i only have a 2 inch lift, dimensionally the 33's will fit into the hole with lots of room front to back, but has been mentioned on other threads, they would scrub like a bastard on even the stock alloys, soooo i could cock around to make them fit, or replace the rims that i hate and not cock about

Last edited:
yes you can but you need to do a two inch body lift first and cut a little out of the inside of front guards and screw the inner gaurd back a bit but they can fit

They should on stock rims. My mate runs 33's on his nav and don't touch but rub on chassis a bit. I now run 285/75/16 on my 16x8s with 0 offset and I just timmed a little bit off the mud flap, now no problems.

I run 285/75 mickey thompson baja 4 rib tyres on standard alloys heaps of clearance with a 2 inch lift, I do have the total chaos UCA's and eccentric bushes in the LCA's though so i dont know if that is the reason. I'm just about to get allied thunder rims, 16 x 7 with +20 offset so everything will stay the same. I've had the tyres aired right down and been flexing it on some rough tracks. No rubbing

I am running Cooper AT3's 275/70 - 17's on my stock rims no dramas - Sax 2 inch lift. No rubbing anywhere.

just remember when working out out offsets, one particular offset may be ok on a spain model, but not neccessarily on a thai model. apart from the original rims(spain 30/thai 45), all the others will hang out a further 15mm on the thai models

Hey I'm to looking to fit 285/75 on my d40 I got 2 lift and 2 body looking to get some black steel rims and wonted to know what offset for Spanish

Would I be right in thinking that the 2012 d40 ST alloys are a different size to the 2010 ST? Was looking at a 2010 in the car park today and the mags on the Alloys look more square and the rims slightly smaller than my D40 and to be honest I prefer the look of the 2010 Alloys. Just wondered if anybody could confirm my suspicion on rim size as I didn't want to go fiddling with another mans undercarriage without permission......wouldn't seems right

Back