Pioneer AVH 2450BT install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner-matt

Reaction score
Hi all, been trawling through the forums looking for info on an install on these type of double din install. I cant seem to find out a couple things, my searching skills may not be up to scratch either.

1. From what i have found these units SHOULD fit in with a bit of a squeeze??
2. Will the OEM plug fit into the back of the pioneer or do i need an adapter, from what i have found the antenna needs one but what about the headunit?

I basically conned the missus into me getting one due to the amount of time i spend behind the wheel and I would save $$ by installing myself.. That said I am not the best with wires etc thus hoping it will plug straight in saving me looking like a:stupido2: to the missus

Any info would help as i dont want to pull the OEM out and have to throw it back in because I dont have all the right plugs etc to get it in.

Cheers
Matt

PS good to see the place back up and running :redcool:

Hey mate, The pioneer should come with an adapter from the back of the pioneer headunit to ISO, you need a navara to ISO adapter. Depending on your car you may also need steering wheel control adapters and some other kit for the headunit. You will also need a aerial adapter for radio.

Aerpro sell all these adapters.

Well after doubting myself on doing the install my self I passed with flying colours!!! Apart from breaking a clip onthe top tray it was a piece of piss installing, harness's worked a treat. Didnt have to modify anything, even the brackets for the original stereo screwed straight up to the pioneer. The only thing that didnt go to plan was the aerial adapter, purchased one for $17.50 finding that it had already had one..anyone need one??All in all swapped out it round 40 mins (10 min cursing the mob who sent the harness for sending the wrong one then figuring out I had to go back up the loom to find the right plug to fit it) Anyhow very happy with the way the install went and how the unit performs, should have done it ages ago.

cheers
Matt

Well after doubting myself on doing the install my self I passed with flying colours!!! Apart from breaking a clip onthe top tray it was a piece of piss installing, harness's worked a treat. Didnt have to modify anything, even the brackets for the original stereo screwed straight up to the pioneer. The only thing that didnt go to plan was the aerial adapter, purchased one for $17.50 finding that it had already had one..anyone need one??All in all swapped out it round 40 mins (10 min cursing the mob who sent the harness for sending the wrong one then figuring out I had to go back up the loom to find the right plug to fit it) Anyhow very happy with the way the install went and how the unit performs, should have done it ages ago.

cheers
Matt

did your steering wheel buttons work after install mate?

Sorry for the late reply, but I work at Autobarn and we install these all the time. Did a D40 last week actually.

Aerpro do make patch leads to suit the D40 navs that will allow the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket stereo and Kenwood units have really good functionality to make them work well i.e. button does same as what it did with the factory headunit.

Happy to help with any queries re stereos - I don't fit 'em but we've got a gun fitter who I can run any queries by.

Back