Steel wheels and big tyres. A few Questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07nav

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a question to those of you which are running steel wheels as opposed to the factory alloys with big rubber...

I have a set of 16x8 steelies which will be matched to 285/75/16 MTZ's.

My question is:

Would running steelies rather than the stock alloys (both with the 33's) make a big difference to fuel economy and performance, both braking and acceleration?

Please post your opinions and experiences about this.

Thanks

Kris

Hi Guys,

Just a question to those of you which are running steel wheels as opposed to the factory alloys with big rubber...

I have a set of 16x8 steelies which will be matched to 285/75/16 MTZ's.

My question is:

Would running steelies rather than the stock alloys (both with the 33's) make a big difference to fuel economy and performance, both braking and acceleration?

Please post your opinions and experiences about this.

Thanks

Kris
U run a bigger risk of rolling the tre of the bead at low pressure on ur stockys I don't no how much the 2 different rims effect economy but stick on my d40 no bars ,winch,lift or tires I was get 700 to 750km with my 33s an steeliness bar work,lift tent on the roof draws full tank doin 110 on the freeway on 45 to 50 psi I get 550km to the fuel light sometimes less depending on headwind etc the tent is the main fuel killer ,33s cause it to take off a lil slower I don't find braking an issue

Cheers box

Thanks boxy, I ended up running the stockers at the monent, Dynamic are out of Stock for about 5 weeks so once they get some stock I'll grab a set. Might even get the stockers coated black which will look tough.

Got the wheels fitted today, check out members rides area, I'll put a threa up soon.

Cheers
Kris

Originally I had a set of 265/75-16 Muddies on steel rims but ended up getting some alloys. I found that you really noticed the weight of the steel wheel in both acceleration and braking. Not much difference in economy once up and running on the highway but affected stop start running.

My preference would be to run alloys over steel.

See the classified section for the d40 alloys and tyres for sale!

Back