Navman warranty claims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
My Navman hasnt enjoyed the move to the Navara.
The charger cord has taken to vibrating loose enough to stop charging, but without falling out altogether, unit runs flat and stops at very inopportune times.

10 months old, so ring the number for a warranty claim.
Very American female voice (no Indian call centre), and I describe the problem.
Tells me it is the charger, I say maybe, maybe not. Offers to send me a charger so we can see. Very good thinks me.

Then tells me that before I can get the charger, I have to check whether it will charge via USB. And ring back.

I repeat that the plug comes loose and pushing it back in solves the charge issue, it is the loose plug.

Around we go again....

I point out that charging it on the computer doesn't replicate the issue, and we start again...
suggested as the repair centre is 15 mins away from me in Sydney if she gives me the repair ref number I can drop in and they can figure it out straight away ...
That,sir, would require a mountain of paperwork I am told.

By this time I am wishing I was in a Mumbai call centre...

So
I have to go home, plug the USB cord in, shake the shit out of it and see if it falls out.
Then ring back, get them to send me another charger, plug it in, and shake the shit out of it.
Then if it's loose, we will do the aforesaid mountain of paperwork and she will send me another unit...
Huh? Why is there a warranty repair centre in Sydney?

What's even worse than having a repair center in Sydney is that they are distributed by a company run by the same suppliers I use yet Navmans can not be returned by the same methods as I would return any of the other four branded GPS's they offload.

It's part of the reason I just wont deal in GPS's any more, far easier to let people go down and hate Harvey Norman every time they need to spend $100.

Yep crafty, just going to call em tomorrow, tell them it still doesn't work, and play the game.

It is so structured now, service and common sense just doesn't exist anymore. Step outside the designated process flow and you are toast!

Yeah I was selling MIO's long before they brought Navman but since MIO did the take over they have gone savagely downhill with customer service and support. The units are all basically the same and work the same but it's just shit service especially end user service reseller service isn't quite as bad.

Always answer supplier then bullshit your way through the next lot. Don't flat out lie to them and say you're Gerry Harvey or anything but getting past that first step in the call often makes the rest of them easier.

Tip 1......

get rid of the piece of junk and "Navman"

Bitten once, twice shy.....

Total BASTARDS :rambo:

I won't own a Navman ever again. Last one I had was rooted, kept resetting itself, and would tell me to turn into the forest halfway to Canberra - around the time Ivan Milat was busy with a shovel too!

What I want to know is - why did Navman hate me enough to send me there, and why would they hate me when I paid them over $900 for the stupid thing?

Back