knob's in 4wd clubs.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
you know what really grinds my gears!

on the weekend we were at the glass house mountains playing around. and we saw these 4wd's drive into this track so we followed them.
turn's out they were a brisbane suzuki 4wd club, and there was this hill and they were all stop going up it.
so i ask this guy the track was, and he's like it's pretty hard if ya dont have ya tyre down you wont stand a chance and they other guy's have some serious rubber on there's, then asked if i had the tyre's down and i said then he is telling me to let them down and wait till these other guy's try the hill, then got up a guy cause 3 would go up at time and one came down when the other was coming down, this guy went ape shit on the radio at this guy.
then telling me there's big bolder's and i shouldn't try it, then the suzuki's came down with ther seriosu rubber!!, knob's with like 27 inch hankook and some other shit brand muddies,
so i went stuff this and follow 2 other guy's up there and he had a big whinge again cause i was following the guy, by this time i let the tyre's down, and set off and the old pr!ck started whinging cause i didn't have a selt belt on, while i was in low range first dirving to the track, so i follow the guy up and couldn't believe i let the tyre'down for this piss poor hill, the dick was like even jason in his comp truck with dual locker's cant make it up the right.
so i went up the right and walked up there easy at like 1200 rpm.

seriously is it just me or are most 4wd clubs filled with cock heads that think they control everyone, this guy gave me the shits hard he was telling everyone what to do and where to park.

does every 4wd have an old cock head, that has let the power of club leader go to his head.

it has intirely put me and my mate's off join a 4wd club.
and that's what grind's my gears.

Last edited:
Its the reason i dont join clubs anymore, even one or two said forums are the same, i just enjoy going driving and camping with my mates and family....its all i need...

hahaha i know exactly what you mean!!!!

theres a local forum for widebay, on a day trip everyone heads out.. get to a section and they all pull over and look at it for ages saying oh i dont think you will get up there blah blah blah....and theres always someone trying to say what to do. Sure sometimes you need a hand navigating but its good to try things yourself first.

Its damn annoying.

Ah man sounds just like the coffs long weekend trip on 4wda. i had to ask permision to drive a hill climb.

it's such a load of bull crap ah, ask permission to climb a hill and listen to cock heads tell ya what to do.

well atleast im not the only one who has experienced it,

i wont be joining a 4wd club any time soon

Kickars2, did it ever dawn on you the group might have been on a training run for newbies?
If so, the training officer has a duty of care to instruct students in the right way to perform various procedures.

it's such a load of bull crap ah, ask permission to climb a hill and listen to cock heads tell ya what to do.

well atleast im not the only one who has experienced it,

i wont be joining a 4wd club any time soon

Rofl, the reason i had to ask permision was cos the "best 4wder" in there group rolled it on the climb. I was driving it wether i had permision or not.:thefinger:

Morons like that piss me off.
If i were there i would of said in miy kindest voice, "please sir can you tell these speed bumps (suzukis) to move along and let a real 4b through"
Then totally disregard anything he has to say to me.

I do listen to peoples advice but if you can see someone has half a clue about 4wding just by the seeing the used extras on their cars then you would think you wouldnt need to tell em anything.

haha,

sounds like you better off sticking with mates and family members when it comes to 4wd trips.oops nearly forgot and like minded people from this forum.

Kickars2, did it ever dawn on you the group might have been on a training run for newbies?
If so, the training officer has a duty of care to instruct students in the right way to perform various procedures.

Just what I was thinking....

All a "club" is, is a group of people who have come together with a common interest. They just happen to have registered themselves with a name, etc.

My personal experience with ST4WDC here in Canberra, was (when I used to be a member) fun and rewarding. Good people, plenty of trips with a wide variety from basic fro the beginners through to stuff that will make your toes curl.

It is my experience that those who are first to judge and "point the finger" are sometimes those who are hardest to get along with in group situations...

Also experience tells us that we are not all "follower's",
and history shows, too many "leaders/alpha males" in one group does'nt work.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.

And some don't like belonging in a "clicky" group.
Does'nt mean one's hard to get along with.

There are those that lead and those that follow,
those that belong to/in clubs, and those that are "individuals"!

Nothing wrong with either......you may say no need to bag a club, in the same token there's no need to bag the individual.

Then again this is a 'RANT' thread so feel free!

I didn't read the OP post word for word but got the jest of it (you need to formatt you sentences better).

Some of them can be over the top but a lot of the old guys have valuable knowledge and you should always listen to them. After listening to them its your choice to adopted their advise or not

In this case I am going against every other poster. I dont give a shit about you arguments about tyres little car big can etc

BUT IMO a car should only commence an obstacle once the car in front has cleared that obstacle and called you through.

Following a car is asking for trouble and I would have a go at you just like that guy did.

BUT IMO a car should only commence an obstacle once the car in front has cleared that obstacle and called you through.

deffinetly agree with that. last trip out one bloke was halfway up a track when the next bloke started coming up, he caught up to the first bloke and only stopped 1 metre behind him. 1st guy told him to get back but 2nd guy didnt listen. Anyway 1st guy then couldnt get up and reversed to change line, reversed back fine, but then when he went to take off again the car rolled back some more, into bloke number 2's car...pushing bullbar up into grill etc. lucky his handbrake worked.

Latest posts

Back