what cd/tv/ entertainment system have you got

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets

Reaction score
Ive got a cheap eonon tv/dvd bla bla bla stuck into my dash. Have heard some horror stories about Eonon car units but mine has been excellent for the price for the last 12months.I would like to have got a sony/pannasonic type brand but the $$$ was not available. Saying that , the one I have seems to do the same job for alot less!!(maybe not for as long though)!

I have an Alpine CDE-104BTi and Alpine speakers in the front doors, plenty for me.

Not into DVD/TV players in cars.

I got the in dash jvc tv screen, current unit. Looks like the previous model but with way more features and functions. Pioneers up front, kicker amp and 10' blaunpunkt sub in box behind rear seat. I got a design to fit 3 ten inch alpine subs behind the rear seat in a box, proper air cubic cm3 measurements too, subs are from america and dont get sold here, they are 300w rms a sub too.

I got the in dash jvc tv screen, current unit. Looks like the previous model but with way more features and functions. Pioneers up front, kicker amp and 10' blaunpunkt sub in box behind rear seat. I got a design to fit 3 ten inch alpine subs behind the rear seat in a box, proper air cubic cm3 measurements too, subs are from america and dont get sold here, they are 300w rms a sub too.

I figure your talking the P3SD410 rockford subs? im going 2 of the P3SD212 subs.. You will fit 3 easy, make sure you wire them in series.

As for audio, i have heaps and still getting there (used to work in car audio for 7 years and i love my sound) i have stuff all in the navara right now, i have the tv/dvd kenwood KVT-7390DVD headunit, i sold my other 2 slave units in the headrests (i liked the std navara headrests better and i don't have my kid anymore to watch it) and kenwood mini hifi speakers in the rear (great for the beach as i put them on the roof).. When i pull my finger out i have ready to go, 2 alpine bass engines, 1 oldskool rockford fosgate punch 600a4 (987wrms) and a oldskool rockford fosgate 250a4 (562wrms), i do not like the newer style, underpowered by a long shot. im looking at alpine dddrives again or mb quart's for the front in 6 and a half inch splits and the same brand in just 6 inch 2-ways in the rear, these are all i have to get one day to finish/ start the install...

cheers mark.

I've got a double din Alpine tv screen thingo in mine. I don't have a TV tuner and don't watch DVD's in the car but the space in the dash was begging for a 6"screen.
I intend on getting a GPS to interface with it when I can work that out. and I want a reverse camera.
lots of other things on the list like subs and amps etc but trying to concentrate on more important stuff like decent suspension for now

I kept the stock CD player and picked up a pair of $50 4" Kenwood speakers for the rear doors. Good enough for this fella!

Alpine IVA W202E DVD/MP3 player with ipod hookup
MB Quart Premium 6.5" splits front
Clarion 6" coax rear
Rockford Fosgate P4004 4ch amp
10" bazooka tube in the rear passenger side footwell

it thumps :)

I figure your talking the P3SD410 rockford subs? im going 2 of the P3SD212 subs.. You will fit 3 easy, make sure you wire them in series.

As for audio, i have heaps and still getting there (used to work in car audio for 7 years and i love my sound) i have stuff all in the navara right now, i have the tv/dvd kenwood KVT-7390DVD headunit, i sold my other 2 slave units in the headrests (i liked the std navara headrests better and i don't have my kid anymore to watch it) and kenwood mini hifi speakers in the rear (great for the beach as i put them on the roof).. When i pull my finger out i have ready to go, 2 alpine bass engines, 1 oldskool rockford fosgate punch 600a4 (987wrms) and a oldskool rockford fosgate 250a4 (562wrms), i do not like the newer style, underpowered by a long shot. im looking at alpine dddrives again or mb quart's for the front in 6 and a half inch splits and the same brand in just 6 inch 2-ways in the rear, these are all i have to get one day to finish/ start the install...

cheers mark.

Nah they were alpines, not sure of model number was a couple of years ago, my friends an engineer and an absolute brain so i gave him the measurements of the rear seat space and the volume of air required for the subs, he worked out a design so it would fit, i never got around to installing those subs and just have the one for now, still pumps good but i dont think il be going for more subs any time soon as a: i have 2 young kids and b: i cant be bothered taking out 2 baby seats. Plus considering what iv done to the car im pretty much heading for the i dont care about my car anymore section when it comes to 4wding ie: getting stuck in deep bog holes, decent river crossings, so i sort of dont want to spend money on electrics that have a chance of getting flooded.

We've got the Pioneer F900BT in-dash navigation unit. I am very impressed - supports bluetooth, automatically connects to my phone when I turn the accessories on, has a number of useful features like current speed limit (with audible warning), speed camera warnings, red light warnings, multiple navigation instructions and more.

I put the Nav into reverse and the camera comes on, with a view of my towing hitch at the bottom so it's a piece of cake to line up. At night, the camera switches mode automatically and I can still see clearly.

It connects directly to my iPod and uses that as an audio source, it could just as easily use SD cards. Or it will play movies off SD cards, the iPod or the built-in DVD player (which won't play movies if it figures out that you're driving). I've not tried putting MP3 files onto a DVD and whacking that in to see what happens - no need, the iPod is a 16Gb old thing that we nearly had no more use for - until this unit came along.

As for routing, it's smart and very quick to recalculate. It's a little more chatty than I like, I do prefer the Tom Tom's lack of reminders. However, I have remarked a few times "I'd rather this bint tell me that I'm over the speed limit than some guy in a uniform standing beside the car".

It's 5.8" touch screen is a nice size and it really is easy to see what is on the screen. I've used Garmin, Tom Tom and NavMan - the latter is something I am really not very pleased with, spent $900 to get a unit that "sorry sir, you cannot update the maps, we'll give you a discount on the latest $650 unit and sell it to you for $640". Umm, what, so I can repeatedly hear "Perform a u-turn when possible" for the next 100,000km?

Speakers ... 4 in the doors and 2 subwoofers give me some decent music to enjoy while driving.

The only drawback is the cost of the unit - $1,999 and a further $500-odd for the camera. However, having the unit integrated is really neat - I'm going to take a few pics of my Navara this weekend and will add one of this unit as well. The shots on the site (link in first paragraph) don't do the unit justice.

howdy all,

Same as Old.Tony, I have just install the Pioneer F900BT. Have left in the stock speakers which with the build in amp in the head unit, makes a reasonable noise. Upgrade speakers soon. Went to JB hiFi which retailed ticket for $1990 and was quoted $1850 for the headunit, 2 new 6" speakers and install. Decided to try to install myself and went back and got the head unit for $1500 even. Took me 7 hours to install but I am not good with electronics, so was kinda cautious, made sure everything worked twice. I also needed to move my UHF display to near the handbrake which works better for me anyways

Works an absolute treat. Very happy on spending the money. Pics below.

Attachments

• DSCN0794.jpg
    DSCN0794.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN0800.jpg
    DSCN0800.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 127
Hi Guys,

I ticked another off my to do list today with the installation of the Alpine CDE-103EBT head unit. Sweet!

Now I have hands free blue tooth phone, I have my ipod in the glove box permanently connected, have an aux and USB spare and CD with remote.

So stoked with it. I left the Nissan standard front speakers in there and was surprised that they sounded pretty good. I'm not into loud music anymore so the standards are gonna stay I think. No need to fix it if it aint broke!

So nice to have decent tunes and stereo with BT.

Cheers,

DJ

hi,

Anyone have trouble with the dash light no longer working in D22 after pulling out old stereo? Weird that min no longer works after my install on the weekend and have no idea why (was no where near wires for the dash on the install)???

thanks for the tip Tony

You will find that you have probably lost tail lights as well.

One of the wires for the stereo tests as an earth when there is no ignition on but when you turn parking lights on it becomes live. If you connect this to the earth of the new stereo and turn the lights on it becomes a dead short and blows the parking/dash light fuse.

At least that is what I remember of it. It's a common problem that most people come across when fitting a new stereo. Maybe we need a sticky post on this as the question comes up a lot.

The dash lights earth through the CD, apparently. Someone else had a similar problem a short time ago, but theirs also caused the tail lights to go out.

There's always gotta be a quirk, right?

Also I think the wire was black which adds to the confusion, remember never trust the colour coding of wires in a vehicle!

Also I think the wire was black which adds to the confusion, remember never trust the colour coding of wires in a vehicle!

This is true, when I wired up the reversing camera I used the wire coming from the reversing light relay under the bonnet for the feed to the screen (feed to the camera comes off the light itself as it should) so it was a short run through the firewall and too the unit.

The manual showed me exactly where the cable ran and it showed the colour as a dual colour from one end to the other. Finding the relay was easy and sure enough the right coloured wire was there but down at the lights and in the loom before the lights split off the colours were miles off. Thankfully taking the lights off the back of a Nav is easy so finding the wire wasn't hard but I was originally planning to join the wire before the loom split which would have create all manner of confusion.

Same unit as I have, great aren't they.

Hey Jase,

Yep! Great unit, I just need to fix the aerial now. It was never right from new and wont pick up any stations on the tuner.

I can't prove it, but there were clips missing and a couple of screws from the install of the Cruise I think and I'm wondering if they may have done something to the aerial cable somehow.

Thats my job for today!

Cheers,

DJ

Latest posts

Back