d40 electrical issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbo1990

Reaction score
hey guys first post here as this is my first issue but long time reader of this site. I took my beloved d40 in for a wheel alignment (no prior issues with the car) picked it up today to find the trip computer and clock reset after every key cycle also the radio won't turn on nor will the side mirrors work. fan wiil work but a/c wont turn on or the rear demissters. am very confused as to why this is happening tried cleaning the battery terminals with bi-card and hot water but to no pro-vail. can anyone suggest possible causes please am very stuck???????????????

The clock reset bit sounds to me like the fuse was removed, I can't remember which fuse it is and I haven't got my manual handy right now so hopefully someone else might be able to look at their manual for the fuse box designations.

I don't know why they would have removed any fuses to do an alignment so maybe it is something else but I have run across the fuse issue in Nissans before.

The trip computer and clock are reset when the ECU is reset.

Here's something to try - without starting the vehicle, go outside and measure the battery voltage. If it's below 12V then your battery may be undercharged. If that's the case, start the engine, turn on the headlights and look at how bright they shine on something - then give the engine a little rev. If the lights get brighter, your battery is struggling to charge but the alternator is fine.

You can either go for a decent (2 hour+) drive or you can disconnect the battery positive lead and stick a charger on it overnight.

While it's idling, check the voltage again. It should climb over 13V and reach about 14.2-14.4V but no more than 14.7V. If it doesn't even reach 13V, your alternator might need some attention. That attention could just be a slipping belt or a loose(ish) electrical cable.

Latest posts

Back