D22 hub nut socket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,m sure Nissan must have a special tool, but I,m not paying for it. So its a pin punch and a geusstimate on torque setting for me

Read a post somewhere that said gregorys manual for a patrol gives dimensions for making your own. If thats the case when I get back to work on Monday I will have a look at the manual at work,

It probably wouldnt be to hard to make one up. It would just be fiddley. I wanna make one because I dont really want to chance the preload on my wheel bearings

Just bit the bullet and bought one off ebay for a patrol. Will post up if it works or not in a week or 2

i had to get my tool on the day so couldnt wait for postage,offcourse not even nissan had one.anyway i got a adjustable one.for anyone doing the wheel bearings or takeing this of for any other reason DONT just screw it on and then tighten with a screw driver or anything that fits,i did this at first and lucky i had a look it leaves a decent gap on the back seal so your bearing will fill with crap and shit themselves down track sooner than they should.that washer nut should be tourqed up to for memory around the 90-100NM mark then undone and then back up to something like 10NM.
this presses the hub on and closes that seal at the back properly.
ill see if i can post the page from the manual up

its tighten to 78-98NM then loosen back to zero then tighten to 0.5-1.5NM.i did mine a little tighter but yea

3. Tighten wheel bearing lock nut with Tool.
: 78 - 98 Nm (8 - 10 kg-m, 58 - 72 ft-lb)
4. Turn wheel hub several times in both directions.
5. Loosen wheel bearing lock nut so that torque becomes 0 Nm
(0 kg-m, 0 ft-lb).
6. Retighten wheel bearing lock nut with Tool.
: 0.5 - 1.5 Nm (0.05 - 0.15 kg-m, 4.3 - 13.0 in-lb)
this is just copy and paste because i cant photo the actual page

I should be trying it sometime this weekend. If it does fit and anyone wants to be buy ill put up the link of the tuy whos sells them

Sorry it's taken so long to get back on here. Been pretty busy. For whoever wanted one of these sockets, they do fit and hopefully the guy I bought it off might change his web page to say they suit. I'm not sure if they will fit the 2.5 hub (If they are different or not?) but they definetly fit the ZD30 hubs.

Here is the link to the site that I found was the cheapest

http://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au/GU-Hub-Nut-Socket-12-drive.html

hey chule, you got a link to that ebay listing? the website boosted linked to is pretty rooted for ordering stuff

good to know they work though.

Latest posts

Back