It's over - marriage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
Yep, it's over.

Anyway, does anyone have any Family Law solicitors details in the Darling Downs (QLD) area? Only so i can get initial legal advice on what i can do to protect my property and items.

Then i hope to go with Mediation to sort out custody and the split of assets etc.

Legal Aid or any community law center should be able to help on that front. A quick tip - keep the bust up friendly, it'll cost you less in lawyers fees if you and the ex can negotiate on good terms.

Dammed shame that you guys are going through this bullshit though!

I feel your pain
Have been trying to do the right thing by the ex for the last 2 years now. Try to be nice but be aware you may have to get nasty to keep what is rightfully yours.
Solicitors love to play dirty

Thanks fellas,
I cannot say much here, as it is an open forum, and the wife knows i am a member here.
Unlike the New Triton forum (Which only members can read), this is wide open. Not discussing this here.
Looks like i cannot get legal aid... but neither can wife = equal ground.
I have acted fast in the last two days... hoping to continue it today. Cannot sit around and wallow in the bad news, and it is bad trust me.

Last edited:
Mate, so sorry to hear your bad news, I sincerely hope everything works out ok for you.

PS, Life sometimes is like a piece of shit, it's great until you farken step in it! Keep your chin up! surround yourself with your mates and close friends!

Regards,

RLI
:violin2:

Well i can smile a bit today, after seeing the solicitor :)
Looks like i will get credit for all of the money i have brought into the mix. Oh and i know that i beat the mrs to the best solicitor in the region... he told me she rang the day after i had booked in and secured them.

Last edited:
Try to keep the lines of communication open if you can. If your able to then try to discuss the terms of settlement with the ex. If you can sort things out with her can save you a mozza in solicitors fees.
If however she tries to delay things or just generally wont see reason then let your solicitor take everything he can.

1. work it out yourselves if you can
2. if you have kids, child support agency are a nightmare.. 2 kids 28% of your gross income via payroll deduction.. they give incorrect advice, won't put anything in writing and won't tell you your rights...
3. to avoid the CSA, try to make a mutually acceptable court order to over ride them

good luck, its a shit to go through

Thanks guys.
Thus far it is civil and on speaking terms, although I have been "unfriended" by the mrs on fb.
Makes it very difficult to see what pics are posted up of my son...
First mediation appt is not far away now :)

I had been trying to communicate with the ex for the last 18 months via email etc so there was legal records. I hadnt actually spoken to her as such face to face .Hurt feelings blah blah blah but anyway she came over on Friday arvo to drop some papers off. I bit the bullet and actually spoke to her.Yes there would be no records etc but I think I got more headway in that one little conversation than a years worth of anything else.
I kept it cool calm and collected and told her straight I wasnt interested in trying to solve the world debt and just wanted to do what was right and move on.Told her no matter what we had to be at least civil for the kids sake .
I think she realised that I was only wanting to be fair.
I told her that I was happy to forget all the piddly little things and just split the house and then only take into consideration the 2 large debts, a lump sum I put on the mortgage and a debt we had to my parents.
Told her in the long run we can go over every cent we ever spent and maybe spend that same amount in bills to solicitors etc.
She said she would have to think about it. That in itself was more than we had accomplished in months.
Moral of the story is try to be open upfront and honest and listen to what she wants. My ex is happy to just split everything 50/50 so I am happy with that even copping some of the extras myself.
I honestly can imagine what your going through and even though it will be hard try to keep calm and rational. Its far better to walk out of a heated conversation that to add fuel to it yourself

Thanks folks for the good will sent to me.
Seems to have settled some what and seem to be on amicable terms now.
But with the legal crudd underway... time and actual happenings will determine how amicable things really are.
I am pushing for a conference - sit down style with solicitors present to get it sorted asap and then able to get on with life...
Cheers,

Hope things keep on the up and up for ya mate, just a shame you needed the solicitors and they are now steeling your cash.

All the best,
Regards,
Nath.

bugger

sorry to hear it mate.
Good luck trying for a friendly breakup, once lawyer gets in her ear tho it's not very likely, but do try.
I've been thru this twice, never again.
Yous are what's important.

Cheers

there'll be brighter times in the future again, the darkest hour is jus before the dawn, it's what makes the dawn so worth it.
on a side note, in the negotiations remember you'll never have control of the situation if you dont have control of yourself, just something to keep in mind, hope it helps. MP

Have moved in with my brother in Ipswich.
Was "forced" to due numerous things including health.
Hoping to be able to establish some new friendships and get along to some meets and such with the Brisbane area members.
Oh and the search for much needed work is on in earnest at the moment. I have registered with several temp hire companies and the large employers in the area (Big W, K-Mart, Coles, Woolworths).
Target at Redbank Plaza is closing in mid to late Feb this year. Big W will be replacing it.

Latest posts

Back