2012 RX DC Child Restraint Points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12270

Reaction score
Good Morning all, I was just wondering if anyone knows how and has photos of child restraints in their D40? Is there a bar that goes from the roof to the floor? I've been told this is the case.

As far as I am aware from previous models there is two options.

Properly mounted ones that will look like the factory fitted ones that come with the ST-X which are basically just mounted hooks welded and bolted (I think) or the cheaper ebay version which does use a bar from floor to roof as it's support.

I have no idea if the ebay ones fit ADR's but they probably do because a lot of mechanics use them as a quick alternative.

A half decent fabricator could fashion something equally as good as either option however for those needing such things the added the piece of mind that comes with one fitted by a qualified child restraint fitter may well be the best $300 they ever spent not to mention the possible insurance issues related to a non certified restraint.

It's also worth keeping in mind (in Vic especially) that new rules about child seats are due to or have recently come in and while it's unlikely that coppers will pull you over for issues if they have you on the side of the road they can ping you for all manner of things like, where your child's shoulders sit in the seat, the date on the seat and whether it's mounted properly. At very least they can make your day unpleasant by making you get certificates to prove your set up is legal.

Thanks Krafty, Did some ringing around today and it's amazing how much PR skills mechanics don't have. I found one fitter 70kms (Geelong) away who was good to talk to on the phone and quoted 250, another about 45kms (Ballarat) away quoted 395 and needed half a day to fit it.

I'm going to head down to the Geelong dude tomorrow and have a chat to him.

I completely understand the part about piece of mind with a accredited installer, afterall, this could mean the difference between life or death of a precious loved one.

Hehe weren't too precious on the weekend when they started to get tired, 3 girls under 10 all snapping at each other!

I got mine done in Melbourne. 2010 ST D40. Two points fitted on the left and right, can't do middle as I have the seat latch for rear fold there. Cost $95 each by All Vehicle Accessories. Fitted in the ST-X position.

TJM do them (ADR Approved). Mine are from TJM and they are bolted through the rear firewall behind the seat. If you want photos let me know and I may be able the get some after work.

I've got it booked into the guy in Geelong and conveniently they're over the road from where i'll be working that day. They're saying 200 installed which is better than the 395 the ones from Ballarat said. They looked at it yesterday and said they can fit the one to sit behind the seat, don't need the bar to the roof. The one they'll fit is about 100 for the kit.

Seems they are coming down in price, I'm sure the first batch of "I need child restraint anchors" were quoting $300+. I think someone once said they were quoted over $500.

Let's hope the quote isn't far off the mark, would be good if all cars came with them first though

Yeah well I guess that's the price one pays for buying a commercial vehicle and getting cheaper rego and insurance.

I got the anchor point fitted yesterday, cost me a whole 195bucks for kit and fitting. Best of all, there's no Bar up to the roof!

Yeah I can't figure out why anyone would go the bar option especially not when there are fitters out there charging less than $200 for decent mounts.

I'd recommend these guys to anyone, they did have to take out the plastic panel behind the seat though you can't tell it's not there when the seat is back.

Hi ppl,

I too am looking at joining the elite club of being a dad and need to get restraints fitted, I have searched to no end and can't seem to find any pics, alot of "i will upload when I get home" and then the thread goes cold.

Would be much appreciated if anyone can help out with pics etc.

Cheers

Back