Clicking in diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br3nton

Reaction score
Had a clicking in my diff for awhile now. Changed my diff oil and the noise went, only 1000 kms later the clicking is back.
It seems to happen when cornering at low revs and occasionally on take off.
Just wondering if there is a way of fixing this or do i just have to keep changing the oil.
Thanks
Brenton

someone put a thread up about this,will see if i can find it.there is a additive that can fix this problem sometimes

Thanks for that mate. Had a read, very helpful.
Ive had a search through the forum and could'nt find anything, but wondering if anyone has seen a how-to on how to change your diff oil.
Just a few pictures and a write would be real helpful.
Cheers

its as easy as draining it through the plug at the bottom then putting that back in and filling it from the plug thats near the top.can get pic in the morning if you need em

here they are mate,first photo is the drain plug next is fill.sorry took so long am putting my front diff in atm.

Attachments

• IMG_1389[1].jpg
    IMG_1389[1].jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1390[1].jpg
    IMG_1390[1].jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 62
I appreciate it Craig. Thanks for the pictures.
Any tips on getting them undone. I think i might need a longer bar to lever it.
Must have been done up with a torque wrench.

no worries mate,havnt looked at my rear one but front wasnt that hard as its only meant to be tourqed to something around the 40 or 50 mark for memory,i assume all the drain plugs would be simmilar so dont do them up as tight as they are now as they are problly just a little siezed.to get it off just grab any old bit of tubing (i have a metre of alloy rectangle laying around i use) thats big enough to fit over your socket ratchit and use that to extend your leaverage.works a charm and sure is alot cheaper then buying a much bigger ratchet.you shouldnt have any trouble when you add another say 2 foot of leaverage

Back