D40 Solid Flywheels.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleigh

Reaction score
Hi All,
My 07 D40 has just done a clutch again. 1st was under warranty. Time for a solid flywheel upgrade. When I asked at the Clutch and Brake place for a price they have been told by the manufacturer of the kits to warn purchasers that they can cause bad vibrations once installed.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced issues off excessive vibrations after installing a solid flywheel?
They said they have only had one person come back about vibration but knowing my luck I would get one that causes vibration.
Any helpfull advice would be great.
Cheers
Ashleigh

see tech Note 047 on the Exedy website. This is the standard disclaimer. Just changed over my 1st clutch as well. how many K's did you get on the first one and how did you get it under warranty ? I am keen to push the point with Nissan ..as the dealer wasnt interested.

I got mine done when I did the first clutch and wasn't having that happen again. Stupid dual mass flywheels are an abortion of an idea in any 4wd. I think mine was the extreme branded heavy duty clutch and flywheel combo if I remember correctly and has been prime, no vibration, you only get a bit of a harder engage when changing gears but like any other heavy duty does. Way better than the piss weak stock ones.

It depends on your vehicle. i changed over to an solid fly wheel but couldent live with it the geas chatter was terrible and made the car unplesant to drive. it is all to do with the tolerences and wear in your gear box. i had them rip out the solid flywheel and went back to dual mass and all good now. the exceedy clutch in it now is much better. nice pedal feel and good take up. the guys at direct cluch and brake in brisbane did mine and were very helpfull and professional when sorting out the issues with my cluch install and vibration. also tried heavy oil in the box to no avail. some guys have changed to solid and have no problems but it is a real pain in the ass if you change over and have to go back....

It depends on your vehicle. i changed over to an solid fly wheel but couldent live with it the geas chatter was terrible and made the car unplesant to drive. it is all to do with the tolerences and wear in your gear box. i had them rip out the solid flywheel and went back to dual mass and all good now. the exceedy clutch in it now is much better. nice pedal feel and good take up. the guys at direct cluch and brake in brisbane did mine and were very helpfull and professional when sorting out the issues with my cluch install and vibration. also tried heavy oil in the box to no avail. some guys have changed to solid and have no problems but it is a real pain in the ass if you change over and have to go back....

was the solid fly wheel you pulled out an exceedy brand?

How did you go with the fly wheel Ashleigh??? wondering if you decided to go single mass or not and if it worked out ok..

I just fitted a SMF exedy sports tuff clutch. It has been in for a week now and done about 500klms and some 4wding and just love it. No vibration, everything feels great. Can't be happier with it and would recommend it to anyone.

Just upgraded to a solid mass clutch in my rig. I can notice some vibrations while accelerating generally in 2nd and 3rd, still peace of mind knowing my shit DM clutch isn’t going to clap out at and stage.

If I can ask, how much did it cost?

I bought a second hand clutch kit from eBay off a guy who had it on his Navara but couldn't stand the vibration through the driveline. I had the SM Flywheel machined and then bought a Sports Tuff clutch kit for the SMF. Was a long task but all up cost me $1100 so I saved about $400 or so. The best price I could get for the complete kit new was $1450 from a mate I know in the business. eBay has the kit for $1650 and Repco's best price I could get was $2000.

Back