3inch lift questions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomo07

Reaction score
Hello fellow Nissan Nuts. New to this website, so still learning to navigate around the site.

Looking at buying a 3 inch Calmini lift kit direct from the states for my D21 KingCab.

www.calmini.com

Will cost around 1100 ( AUD ) including shipping. Which is much cheaper than any 3 inch kits here in Australia.

However I am concerned about the anlge of my CV's once fitted.
If anyone has already fitted this set up, would love to here how you went and if you are happy.

Regards Tomo07.

My Beast.

Attachments

• 429916_3057985041010_826856549_n dddddd.jpg
    429916_3057985041010_826856549_n dddddd.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 255
Welcome along, Tomo.
Can't help you much with the lift kit specifically, but yeah, you lift the suspension higher off the ground, then the angle of the CV increases, which increases wear on the CV past its design limit.

Do you need to get the lift engineered in your state? Might pay to talk to the person who will be certifying it before you go ahead - they might have some advice, and they're not going to knock it back if you've followed their advice :)

Hey mate welcome to the forum. Not that sure about your cv angles with a lift in your ute. But just on the od chance do U happen to come from bairnsdale? cos I've seen a ute just like yours getting around

1100 delivered thats cheap last i checked only a month or so ago it was more like 1380 delivered which is still cheap. still $280 saving better in your pocket than theres. not easy to get certified in qld anyway. may be easier after November as ncop standards are coming into effect in Qld. fingers crossed it makes it easier

Thanks , gee quick feedback on this forum! I am on 4wdaction also but very quite there.

Hey Hosery, yeah mate in B'dale. just dropped another motor in as the old one blew it. So been out of action for a while. I am thinking if This Calmini 3'inch lift is no good, then might go the OME (Old Man Emu ) 2inch but rather than there torsion I'll get the rock crawler instead. More pricey but I get good shocks & new leafs instead of the spacer. Should get this for around 1700 but will have to fit myself.

Cheers Fella's. Tomo07.

i have the 3 inch in mine.
cv's angle isnt that bad at all.
if you look at my build thread theres a picture of the angle. i think its on page 7

Yeah my CVs are about the same as doms. Mine has a snake racing lift in it. 3 inch. Yeah rito I look at ur ute each time I pass it. Its a nice looking rig. Do you also have another white nav also that's similar. I'm im the silver d22 with 33s

Yeah white one is the work car, love the shape of the king cabs. good to have something a little different than the 'usual fwd's'.

Latest posts

Back