viscos fan rebuild

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubbsy351

Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know if the zd30 viscos fans can be rebuilt or do they have to be replaced? if so how much for a new hub?
cheers

i don't think they are rebuildable. might have to pull one out and check. i think its only toyotas that are rebuildable.

The manual states that they must be replaced. I put a non-genuine one in a few weeks ago, it cost me about $200, then had to take it out a week later as it made this squeellling noise. The impeller was rubbing on the housing internally, a manufacturing fault and warranty claim. I fitted a nissan one for $400, no problems. Its a bit of a pain to change. You need to take out the radiator, vaccum pump, crackshaft sensor, numerous covers etc. And there are these two nuts on the bottom that are very difficult to get to, be prepared to replace these nuts when you round them off! I tried with different types of spanners and sockets with uni joints and it still a pain.

i went and spoke to nissan today and they said that they will only sell the fan with a water pump aswell so i would have to fork out for both even though i only need the fan. they quoted me $582. sounds like a bit of a rort, anyone else heard of this?

Sorry stubsy, I thought you meant you wanted the coupling replaced/repaired, in which case you would need to buy the whole water pump, do you just want the plastic fan?

x2 for Nizzbits.

I would get those couple of nuts just in case when you replace the pump as described above. I think the part number is 08918-3081A, but confirm with Nizzbits. By the way, $582 from a dealer is what I was quoted to when my non genuine one died. Apparently the Repco ones are good, but I wouldn't take the chance, as they are a bit of a pain to change.

hey simonk8 got quoted $480 off repco, im heading overseas next week so i wont get a chance to change it for a while, will msg nizbits though, those nuts sound like a good idea!

mmm, $480 from repco? my genuine one from Nizzbits was cheaper than that, maybe the repco acronym is true, Rip Every Poor C$#t Off!

yes very true acronym, autobarn qouted $300 for a powermax one (pump/hub) but id hate to have to replace again after finding it was a dungga, so i will hit up nizbits.

Back