Free Body Lift....sort of...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinista

Reaction score
Sooo i was given 16 x 2" poly blocks for free by a friend the other day and thought why not lift the nav.. what i would really love to know is bolt sizes and specs from anyone who knows what i need to get for my 2012 stx550 sorry if this is posted elsewhere i have spent last few nights reading and found nothing so im either blind or its a well kept secret ha.
Thanks in advance

Tez.

Sooo i was given 16 x 2" poly blocks for free by a friend the other day and thought why not lift the nav.. what i would really love to know is bolt sizes and specs from anyone who knows what i need to get for my 2012 stx550 sorry if this is posted elsewhere i have spent last few nights reading and found nothing so im either blind or its a well kept secret ha.
Thanks in advance

Tez.

hey tez i believe u will need approx 170mm give or take 10mm 1.25mm thread m12 for the body and ,not 100% on the tub u will need 1.25mm thread m8 90mm long high tensile bolts there black whatever that coating means

Schibby!! So the nuts are apart of the chassis/body mounts i take it and i will just be needing the bolts? Legend and time saver potentially pocket saver haha thank you so much

hey tez i believe u will need approx 170mm give or take 10mm 1.25mm thread m12 for the body and ,not 100% on the tub u will need 1.25mm thread m8 90mm long high tensile bolts there black whatever that coating means

just looked at ur first post again noticed it was a 550 those specs are 4 spain built stx shouldnt be any different but just undo one pull it out measure it and add 50ml just even take it down the bolt shop the will be able to check thread

Hey boxy where abouts did you get the bolts for the cab from, I'm in the process of doing a 2 inch body lift and the bolts provided in the kit are wrong, the bolts I require are exactly what you have described m12 x 1.25 @ 170 long though no one in Perth seems to stock or even list them. The bolts provided in the kit are nothing even close to what I need, they are m10 x 1.75 @ 200 long, the tub bolts I've managed to get but really no luck with the cab bolts??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Hey Thrlskr,
Bolts in Perth go to Searle Fasteners in Willetton (basically behind bunnings). They are down the back corner of the shops in their lane.
If they dont have what you want then I dont know who will but I got some M12x1.25 (150mm) from there the other day to mount a motor to an engine stand.
In regards to Automotive thread (1.25 pitch) Searle's are THE place to go from my experiences.
Hope that helps...
Simmo

you might have trouble getting the fine thread in that length, i did when i made my body lift for my D22, ended up buying longer coarse threaded bolts, cutting off the thread and re-cutting the fine thread on them.

Hey Thrlskr,
Bolts in Perth go to Searle Fasteners in Willetton (basically behind bunnings). They are down the back corner of the shops in their lane.
If they dont have what you want then I dont know who will but I got some M12x1.25 (150mm) from there the other day to mount a motor to an engine stand.
In regards to Automotive thread (1.25 pitch) Searle's are THE place to go from my experiences.
Hope that helps...
Simmo

Thank you very much I'll definatly try them.

Latest posts

Back