Bonnet struts has any1 done it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardy D40

Reaction score
Did a quick search and couldn't find any thing. I want to put gas struts on the bonnet of the d40 has any1 done this if so what size n length ect did u use or how would I work it out n where. I have a 06 d40 stx if if makes a difference.

I could be wrong but I thought Aussie Frontier either did it or looked into it. I know he looked into something similar with the tailgate but if it wasn't him I'm sure someone here did I just don't remember the outcome.

I just searched for D40 bonnet struts on ebay and got 4 Thailand results which although they are different user names look suspiciously similar. About $85 to land here, think I'll keep holding my bonnet up with the rod Nissan provided at that price.

Obviously the base/mounting plates are bent to fit the D40 but I remember paying $35 for a set of tailgate struts a few years ago that just had flat mounts on them, wonder how hard it would be to manufacture a fit, surely not $50 worth.

Latest posts

Back