water pumps TD27

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwinoz

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a water for "hot climates"?
Perhaps one that pumps a higher volume of water...

I did hear there are 2 different water pumps for the TD27.

Apparently the Aus delivered TD27's have different waterpumps to the Terrano TD27T.

A QD32 waterpump should work to.

I've just ordered a Navara td27 water pump to put on my Terrano td27t engine, so will be able to compare the two soon, However, no gaurantee that the Terrano water pump is original.

Just went and took a look now (needed a break form marking exams - hooray for holidays, hey?)

Obviously physically v similar, same dimensions and so on. Existing one wasn't original, or had at least been off at some stage - lots of messy gasket goo along with a metal gasket. New (aftermarket) pump came with a cardboard gasket. Blades different shapes (pictures to upload later).

The hydraulic clutch in the new aftermarket pump was significantly stiffer than the old one, whether that's age or design differences. I assume that's a good thing because it will kick in earlier than it might otherwise? Or at a cooler temperature which?

Anyway, best news is that the galleries in behind it were very clean.

existing Water Pump

IMG_0975.JPG

New aftermarket water pump

IMG_0976.JPG

Last edited:
How did you go with fitting the Racer water pump.
I've just bought one for my TD27. Don't want to fit it and find it does not pump properly.

Cheers Ric

Fit fine. So far. Engine is not in ute so no water in system. Seemed to bolt up without a problem.

Latest posts

Back