malfunction indicator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddymatty86

Reaction score
today my nav overheated on the way home from work. to start with i didnt realise it was hot i took of from an intersection and the car shuddered and lost power for a sec or two and the malfunction indicator light come on so i pulled over then realised it was overheated ive been looking in the manual but it doesnt say anything about overheating and the malfunction light together since then the light is still on but the car is running perfect and no bubbles and the radiator does anyone know why the light would come on and how to turn it of any help is much appreciated

this should work:

1. Turn ignition to "ON" (not start the engine), count to 3.
2. Press and Release the accelerator 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 and fully Press accelerator
4. Count to 12 (SES should be blinking), release accelerator
5. Count to 10, Press accelerator
6. Count to 10, release accelerator.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

if not my scangauge device can show the problem code and turn off your engine check light, but bit tricky when i'm so far away. if you want to keep the engine cool you will have to keep the heater turned on as that sucks the heat away from the engine and unfortunately onto you, lol.

any idea why its doing this? reckon that loose hose/thingo i pointed out last time could be the cause?

Last edited:
ill give that a go mate cheers how do you know that sort of shit that loose thing is the egr shutdown thng i think its been disconnected for quitea while now so thats shouldnt be it cheers mate

refresh the page, i changed it so it makes a bit more sense, lol

i've searched this stuff before and kept the info saved

might have to do it a few times to get it right though. when i say push and release the accelerator hard and fast, i mean hard and fast, lol.

which motor is that info for ?

ZD30, you should just be able to remove the power for a while and it will reset it.

hey guys,

had this similar technical glitch with my malfunction indicator tonight.my navara is an 2002 model and out of the blue had this light flashing and thought what was going on.Was thinking maybe water in fuel filter possibly and still thought this after reading factory manual.Tried maddogrc's advice and problem seems solved,awesome!

Due for a service so I won't be waiting too long,haha.Not certain yet but lights are not flashing anymore so see how she goes in the morning,just thought I would share this to possibly help anyone else in the future,cheers

for anyone else........next time pull the error codes before you wipe them. it may just be overheat code but it may also help pin point the cause of the overheat.

Same thing happened again tonight,bloody thing,haha.Service and full diognostic in order me thinks,maddogrc's reset technique sorted it again,will try to get it in wednesday,haha,will pass on how it goes,cheers guys

this should work:

1. Turn ignition to "ON" (not start the engine), count to 3.
2. Press and Release the accelerator 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 and fully Press accelerator
4. Count to 12 (SES should be blinking), release accelerator
5. Count to 10, Press accelerator
6. Count to 10, release accelerator.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

Is this the procedure to find out what error code the engine has or just an idle re learn procedure.
I have started a thread regarding YD25 error codes cause I was getting sick of people telling me that there is a thread somewhere on the forum which I couldn't find.
The thread is in the electrical section and is still un answered.

Latest posts

Back