wiring roof-mount lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craighaty7

Reaction score
I'm mounting lights on my roof racks.
For now it's safety lights, but later I'd like to add driving lights and clearance lights.
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get the cabling from the roof into the cab?
I did plan on running the cables along the roof rack track to the back of the cab and down the back, underneath and then along under the cab to the front and in through the firewall. My dilemma with this is I have a dual cab with a canopy and so I can't anchor the cabling down the back of the cab and don't want it loose, rattling around and rubbing through the paintwork.
I did think of down the windscreen but thought that'd look ugly.
Anyone out there with experience in this or an auto electrician with a suggestion.
I'd like to avoid putting holes in the roof, as I'll be replacing this car in about 2 years and will be removing all these additions for the new one.

I did post this as a second question to a post I made about getting wiring into the cab, but I think it got lost - so I'm making a separate question of it here.

Hey mate Do you have a d22 or d40? I just recently put a led light bar on my roof racks and I ran the cabling thought the roof rack and in to the door seal, there is a space the whole way down the seal that you can run the cabling, I ran 2 core 4mm double insulated, and then I ran it inside the guard and took it out near the headlight, that was the neatest spot I found for it and the just added a relay

it's a D40, MY2010 (in the signature)
That's sounds like an idea - never thought of running it through the door seal.
Will check that out now and consider premature rubbing through the seal - I travel on a lot of dirt roads and weather, so don't want to compromise the seal.
Best suggestion so far. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back