TD27T Vacuum Pump in bits, in photos

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinelli

Reaction score
Got the vacuum pump off the back of the alternator. It's been leaking oil, so I thought I'd pull it apart to have a look see, and post some pickies here. There are 2 o-rings to change, and when I get some measurements, I'll add them in here.

Not so much oil that I think it will affect the alternator.

Here's the view once you get it off the back of the alternator. Three screws hold it to the alternator. You can get it off without pulling the alternator off if you loosen the brackets and swing it out. There are also two oil hoses to remove from it.
photo9.JPG

You can see the first O-Ring. For some reason its blue. Does this mean anything?

Last edited:
The cover comes off with three small screws. Took a fair bit of WD40 and an overnight soak to get the third one off!

Inside the cover there is the second O-ring, this time a reddish-orange sort of colour
photo_41.JPG

Cover can only go on one way, so don't get too stressed about marking the orientation

Inside you've got a metal cylinder that mates with a shaft coming out the back of the alternator. The four black rectangles on each side get thrown out under centripetal force and create the pump action. They're a fairly light plastic/resin sort of material.

photo_6.JPG

On the left hand side of the image is the vacuum outlet pipes. There are a series of four copper washers there, which I won't be touching. There's also one on the oil hose on the right hand side.

Last edited:
In the middle of the back of the casing there seems to be a bit of wear, with a small cavity where the shaft meets the back of the casing. I think I'm going to ignore that and put it back together.

photo_3.JPG

You can see the first O-Ring. For some reason its blue. Does this mean anything?

Different seal/o ring materials are colour coded. I know brown seals are viton, I needed a seal for a tractor g/box and it was $240, a standard temperature black seal was about $30

Back