Radio not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelWA

Reaction score
Yesterday hubby wired up the lights on a trailer and plugged it in to the vehicle's trailer plug. The stop light fuse blew and the radio died. The fuse for the lights has been replaced and the lights are working fine. The fuse for the audio didn't look like it was blown but was replaced anyway. The radio still doesn't work and every single fuse has been checked and all looked OK.

We pulled the radio out, with assistance from this forum on how to remove that part of the dash, but can't seem to find a fuse anywhere.

The vehicle is a 2007 RX Navara dual cab with factory AM/FM CD player. Any suggestions please?

Last edited:
I went and did some searching but I must be having an off night, I can't find a thing. I am thinking that the reversing lights have something to do with it. Are they working? If not, check that fuse too!

The reversing light wire should be present in the trailer plug too.

That's the one, I couldn't think of it when I read the post before. Somewhere there is atleast one thread that connects the reversing lights to the non working radio.

If its the factory wiring for the trailer plug then it doesnt have reverse, well my 07/08 harness doesnt anyway.Had to wire in my own reversing lights connection
As to fuses where did you check.
There is 2 places under the bonnet, 2 on the drivers side and 2 on the passengers side.Then there is the smaller fuse block on the passengers side next to the glove box lid.
I had a similar problem ages ago and it ended up being a fuse(sorry cant remember what number) in the square unit directly in front of the firewall on the passengers side.Looks just like a flat black plastic box. Its actually the housing for heaps of fuses and relays .

Didn't know about the fuse boxes on the driver's side. Reverse lights are working. Is there a fuse inside the radio that could have blown? Have checked all fuses by the glovebox, and in the two boxes under the bonnet on the passenger side. Will have a look at the others tomorrow and see what we come up with. Thanks.

I suppose it's possible that the radio is dead. I just checked my factory radio and it has no fuses at all. In the back is a plug for the car's harness. In the power line in that harness you might find a fuse but since that's tucked away in behind the dash and relatively inaccessible, it seems unlikely that they'd put a fuse where you couldn't get to it to change it.

Thinking about it a little more, the car's dash earth is related to the stereo's earth too. Try turning on the parkers and see if the radio responds. Get a wire and connect the metal case of the radio to a known good earth point (like the inner surround of the cig lighter). Does the radio now work? Check the earth point between the radio and dash, or just find another earth point in behind the dash and connect directly to the radio and leave it like that.

Hate to see cars in 10 years time, since the D40 has 5 fuse panels.

The D22 has 2 from memory.

Latest posts

Back