Snowy's Single Cab D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowy_07

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Picked up my new D22 on Tuesday Arvo. I've put about 500 kms on her so far and am extremely happy with it.

I was pretty keen on a Dmax, but price basically won out and this being an 08 that they were trying to get rid of helped things out even more.

I've already got a Nissan/Airtec Snorkel Fitted, aswell as a HD Towbar and Cruise Control.

Imediate Mods include:

- ARB Winchbar/Sidestep and Rails
- 2" EFS Lift
- 265/70 694's or 265/75 MTZ/FCII's
- Window Tint
- Boost/Pyro/Oil Pressures Guages
- UHF

Future Mods (ie. when the budget recovers :big_smile:) will be:

- TJM IBS DBS
- Aux Fuel Tank
- Beudesert Exhaust
- Steel Tray
- HID conversion for the headlights
- Front Air Locker (hint hint ARB :big_smile:)

sdc10294f.jpg

sdc10296.jpg

Cheers,
James.

Last edited:
Ute looks good mate.

Not a bad looking tray either, if you wanna go a steel tray later check out Michelle truck body's. Best looking trays made, they are a Tamworth based company.

Dave.

one thing sticks out in the photos.......wheres the front hubs ?
has that got auto hubs or did they do the UK trick of leaving them out ?

Thanks Guys

one thing sticks out in the photos.......wheres the front hubs ?
has that got auto hubs or did they do the UK trick of leaving them out ?

I noticed the same thing when I went to pick it up. But I can't say I actually noticed if any of the 09's I looked at had maual hubs either, so i just went with it. It's no real biggy as the stubby lever was the main thing i was after.

cheers,
James.

if they are doing the dirty UK trick of not fitting hubs, i would certainly get some fitted. UK guys have problems with them wearing out the front prop shaft.
the amount of fuel and tire wear you will save will pay for new hubs (or even better get 2nd hand nissan ones). then theres the wear on the prop shaft, CV's and diff.

Hey Guys,

Went to Boonah on Sunday for a BBQ at a friends place and as luck would have it, I got abit of L4 driving done aswell

All the tracks have been freshly graded and are seriously steep. I did most but there were afew that I let go until I've got my FCII's because i just didn't think the stock tires would get the grip needed to get out. The LSD works like a charm and on the whole I was really happy with the way the Nav handled everything. The pics don't really do the hills justice.

sdc10298.jpg

sdc10301.jpg

sdc10303e.jpg

sdc10299.jpg

Booked in with Zordo to get the 2" EFS lift on Wednesday and then Pick up some new Tires on Thursday

Cheers,
James.

Hi James. Do you know how to add photos to the slideshow on the homepage? That is a really good shot. You didn't just scan the sales brochure did you...?

Thanks mate, it is a good pic hey. I usually suck at taking photo's, but i suppose if you take enough your bound to get 1 good one :big_smile:

I have no idea how to add to the slide show, It can't be that hard though ?

Cheers,
James.

Hey guys, afew updates

Got my 2" EFS lift installed by Zordo on Wednesday night. Top bloke really helpful and very cluey on all things suspension. He couldn't get any EFS shocks for the front so we decided to go Ironman instead, very happy with the whole kit (to say the least) and the service was awesome. Then on Thursday morning I picked up some new 265/75 Mickey Thompson FCII's from Fourby's at Marooka. Inital impressions are very good. No noise on the bitumen and very grippy on fast gravel roads, hopefully I'll get to try them in some differant conditions very soon.

Stock:

sdc10322c.jpg

With the 2" Lift:

sdc10326.jpg

And with the new Rubber:

sdc10330.jpg

sdc10327d.jpg

There's a very small amount of scrubbing, and I mean very small. I'll file abit of the inside of the front mud guard and she'll be sweet. Very happy with the ute so far

can i ask what they did the FCII's for? was that including fitting? be good to hear your reports on them as they wear. looks great!

can i ask what they did the FCII's for? was that including fitting? be good to hear your reports on them as they wear. looks great!

Hey Mate,

Sorry about the slow reply. Tires were $320 each and rims were $120. I basically got the same price from about 5 Mickey T places I rang in Brissy/Toowoomba area. I decided on Fourby's as it was convienient (I was in Brissy that week) and I did want to see what all the hype was about. To be honest I was alittle disappointed. Everyone raves about how good Fourby's is but they didn't do anything that made them stand out to me. In saying that the service wasn't bad by any means, but just wasn't great like I keep hearing. But everyone has off days right :eek:

So far I'm really happy with the Suspension/Tire combo. I'll probably do a detailed write up in the new review section for them. Only got about 1000kms on them so far, but have nothing but good things to say, will be interesting to see how they go wear wise.

Cheers,
James.

Afew more Goodies have Arrived this week.

Boss Airbags:

sdc10343g.jpg

GME TX4400 UHF with RFI Aeriel:

sdc10344.jpg

I was also talking to the Dealer today and My ARB gear should be here towards the end of next week :dancing:

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Not alot to update on.

Got the TT fitted up. Took about 30 mins.

sdc10340u.jpg

Having abit of fun in the mud.

sdc10341s.jpg

The Ute is booked in first thing Friday morning at ARB to have the Bar/Rails/Steps put on. Should come up good :big_smile:

Cheers,
James.

Last edited:
Really starting to look the goods now, A+ for your mods to date.
Where do you plan on mounting your gauges?
Bar & rails will finish it off nicely. Top work.

Latest posts

Back