Going back to a tub from a tray. What do I need?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2tf

Reaction score
05 Spanish STX, it currently has an alloy tray on it and I want to put it back to a tub. Do I just need the tub itself or is there anything else required?

Tub, rear step, tail lights, number plate lights, wiring and nuts bolts and washers

Tub, rear step, tail lights, number plate lights, wiring and nuts bolts and washers

What wiring is needed? I was hoping the tub might have a seperate loom etc that could be plugged in?

What wiring is needed? I was hoping the tub might have a seperate loom etc that could be plugged in?

It should have if the tail lights were removed correctly with the tub

Pity you don't have a steel tray, i might have been keen to swap a complete setup.

Bugger eh, it's just a Flexiglass alloy one that was on the car when I bought it. Still structurally fine but a few little marks etc. Come up well with paint or powdercoat though.

It should have if the tail lights were removed correctly with the tub

Havent looked at it in depth yet but it appears to be an entire tub with factory lights etc. Hoping it's got everything I need.

Would like to put one of the ARB rear steps on it so not real fussed about the rear bumper being on it or not.

Iv got a steel tray i wouldnt mind swapping for a quality alloy tray maybe we could do a 3 way trade mines a kingcab

I'm always up for a good three way. :rock:

Anyway I don't mind who gets what but all I want is a good tub ready to bolt on to my ute. Ideally BW9 Blue in colour but if not I'll get it painted.

The tray on mine is a Flexiglass alloy one from what I can tell, it's not absolutely perfectly shiny but it appears to be in good nick. If i was selling it I'd let it go for about $250 - or a swap with a tub. I've found a tub locally for $500 ono, if anybody else is interested in selling theirs let me know.

One last thing, mine's an 05 model. Are the tubs interchangable between the model years?

Ive sourced a tub, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with changing over the locks on the fuel door. Can you buy the correct lock to suit the car from Nissan or is it a locksmith job?

Ive sourced a tub, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with changing over the locks on the fuel door. Can you buy the correct lock to suit the car from Nissan or is it a locksmith job?

Question answered, lock fixed.

How does the tub mount to the chassis? There would have to be some sort of insulator I am thinking.

Latest posts

Back