Toyo open country

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy17

Reaction score
Has anyone got feed back on the toyo open country mt I dropped into my local tyre joint today to look at a set of 265 75 16s An I was looking at Mickey t mtz but my local can get me toyo mt for $55 per corner cheaper than mtz but I can't find much info on them any help would be great

Haven't used them but had a good look at them at the 4x4 show Earlier in the year and spoke to the guy at the toyo stand for a while....look like a good tyre in my opinion. Love how thick and stiff the side wall is.....may cause a bit of a rougher ride but would be very hard to puncture the side wall. Which is a good thing. Will look at them again when I'm in need of tyres next.

Yer there isn't much out there on them they look the goods and the side bitters are also nice an chunky too the 265 75 16 is also a 10 ply to I think

Has anyone got feed back on the toyo open country mt I dropped into my local tyre joint today to look at a set of 265 75 16s An I was looking at Mickey t mtz but my local can get me toyo mt for $55 per corner cheaper than mtz but I can't find much info on them any help would be great

Everything i have read or heard about them is positive. They are my next choice of tyre. But the price is usually quite a bit more then most other brands, they are normally not a cheap tyre.

How much did he quote you, because $55 cheaper then MTZ's sounds very good, unless his over charging on the MTZ's.

Pete

That is a great price for the toyo's - they usually cost an arm, leg & kidney (>$400).

Reports I've read suggest that they are a great tyre too - some one on the patrol forum has a pic of one with zero pounds in it, & it still held the truck up - go do a search over there!

Yeah id be going Toyos for that price. I paid $335 for the MTZ, if the Toyos were $350 i would have gotten them instead, but for that price mate they are a steal. Especially in Eden of all places!

Best thing about eden is its close enough to the Vic high country for weekend trips, and not too far to Bombala to chase the deer. BTW the toyo open country look good as well, it seems they were going for looks as well as functionality.

Yer I've looked at them before in 35s for my old gq patrol an they were like 550 a corner so I didn't bother as I couldn't justify paying that much for a tyre I couldn't find much info on but being cheap than mtzs now I'm Gunna give em a go I had a good look at a 265 75 toyo yesterday an the side bitters are nilly half an inch thick

Just letting everyone no I got my 265 75 16 toyo mts fitted Monday 320 a tyre so far they are great look verry chunky have a slight hum on the hwy ill get some picks up as soon as I work out photo bucket hahaha

Hey Pete it's asking for a URL address for the pictures but I do everything by iPhone and iPad I don't have a computer sorry everyone

Hey, you can still do it. Go to advanced reply. Next to the smily face is a paperclip. Click on that and it will open another window. From there click the button for "choosing file". You should be able to pic a photo from your phone then. Once it's uploaded, just close the window and hit reply button.

Hope this helps. I'll do it from my iPhone to see if it works. If i post a photo it worked.lol

Pete

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Yep. Worked. After u "choose file", hit the upload button to the right (takes a little while to upload), then close the window with the button at the bottom, and hit reply on the text post.

Pete

Latest posts

Back