Suspension sag

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundy

Reaction score
Anyone else have the front sag within 15000k's? Will measure tomorrow but pretty sure front left is drooping and with only a steel bar..

So is it worth just tuning the standard torsion bars or a good excuse to upgrade the suspension with hd bars?

i reckon upgrade roundy ive done almost 30000 km on my susp kit and its still strong as even if you only want the 2 inch lift i cant rate the torsion bars highly enough as well as the rest of the kit

Haha somehow i knew u'd say mod it! Is X-flex just the name of snake racing torsion bars?
Thinking i might correct the sag and do a full suspension lift & upgrade as soon as funds allow, every thread i have read says it's the best thing ever done to the d22.. of course then i'll need muddies to match! Reckon it's a good enough excuse for the missus?

Increase the pre-load, that's what it's there for. First 15000ks the suspension is seating in. Your service centre should be doing these things for you, but hey, most of them suck.

Only invest in the HD torsions if you like a hard ride or if you have a steel bar, second battery and big winch on the front.

I can think of better places for the money though.

Yeah good advice, kinda the whole point of warranty. Although they really do take their sweet time when it comes to warranty work (still waitin for my remote central to be fixed). I have a steel bar but have also been looking at dual batteries for camping too...

pro nav, can you please explain what you mean by the service centre increasing the preload?

i have stock steel bar on the front and have around 10mm of clearance before the bump stops hit the bottom, lol

yes, mines sagged XD

Well, ideally if they saw a Navara roll in the doors with a noticable lean to one side, or a noticable sag at the front, they'd check the ride height and adjust to correct.

Do you have a copy of the correct factory service manual? There's a section in the front suspension chapter on calculating the front suspension control arm position to determine correct adjustment of the bolt which loads up the torsion bar, commonly used by us owners to lift our vehicles, but yours is a 4x2 and I don't know if that is catered for in the 4x4 manual? It has a picture and is pretty straightforward if you can find it.

oh, so if its just adjusting the torsion bars then thats easy enough.

but if they adjust the torsion bars to recorrect height doesnt that mean they also have to chuck in a wheel alignment?

Vehicle should have been aligned based on correct ride height, so readjusting to correct height shouldn't cause alignment problems.

ahh, true that.

i had a small accident with an old lady, she gave way but then drove into me which somehow caused my steering wheel to be off centre. i knew i had to get an alignment so i chucked bigger wheels on and got an alignment. wheels wore in nicely.

now its been the same height for a long while and i havent had any issues. so you reckon if i get a HD torsion bar kit i'll need to get another alignment since the front camber will be affected?

My D22 is still running factory torsion bar's and leaves.

Steel winch bar on the front, Warn XD9000, intercooler added today and dual battery kit going in next week.

Mine is sitting level and the only thing I have changed are the shocks to some Bilstiens and it does what I want.

I wouldn't rush out and buy torsion bars.

Dave.

now its been the same height for a long while and i havent had any issues. so you reckon if i get a HD torsion bar kit i'll need to get another alignment since the front camber will be affected?

IF you got HDs AND they were preloaded to give you a different ride height (lift) then you'd need an alignment to correct your toe-out steering. The camber is affected also but there is limited scope to adjust camber on these vehicles. Though the 4x2 suspension is all completely different so who knows...? Best to go out and have a look at your front end.

Ok i measured it up and adjusted. Took like 10mins tops, and she's holding her head up high! Seems to have made the ride better, a little less harsh and isn't pulling left at all.

Anyway cheers for the input guys

i got the 3"inch kit from snake with the xflex torsion bars and i reckon its smoother than standard and drives better to each to thier own i reckon but thats my 2 cents worth

Yeah i like ur lift matty, everything done properly. will have to start saving lol

Latest posts

Back