I need to buy a swag.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VBsteve

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need to buy a swag, I want the best but don't want to pay. Read here I should be tight arse Steve not vbsteve.
What brand and model do you have?
Pros and cons please?
How much did you spend and was it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Vbsteve.

Last edited:
i got a oztrail from bcf $120 on sale,its 90cm wide which is plenty.i like its design and love getting in it after a long day of hunting,very comfy.even get the missus in there sometimes if were only going camping overnight and dont pack the tent.
i love haveing it for hunting trips,roll it out occy strap each end and go to sleep,or if you really want set the arc poles up which only takes a min or 2.
i saw one at OL the other day,i think it was ironman and i like how tall it was but the one i have is plenty tall enough.
anyway i love it and heres a link.btw if not already get membership at bcf,saves heaps on the bigger things like swags
http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/...g-.aspx?pid=224110&menuFrom=21206#Description

There is no such thing as the best when it comes to swags. Most people are generally happy with the one they have. A couple of mates of mine have the Aldi swags and are really happy with them. I've done a lot of research into swags and the only thing that would be a must for me is a PVC base. Me, I stuck with my three man tent and air bed, little more room and a whole lot cooler in summer without the need for a tarp to keep the dew off. Check out the 4wdaction forums in the camping section, there is a huge thread there about swags. FWIW the Oztrail swags look to be the best value for money!

Cheers Brad

Hey mate I have a burke and wills Simpson. And I absolutely love it. It cost me I think $500 so it wasn't cheap exactly but I went from a small cheapy and it has been the best money I have spent. 1100 wide 700 high and I think 2300 long plenty of room and a great mattress. But I guess it depends how much U use it to what U need. Look on eBay that's where I got mine and saved heaps

I've got an OzTrail motorcycle swag, it was good value for the money ($149) but you can see the difference when it's side by side with the more expensive Australian made swags (plastic clips, thinner canvas).

I reckon that the OzTrail swags are hard to go past if you're on a budget or only an occasional user like me though.

I'v always had/used a 3 man 'A' tent, then thought I'd buy n try a swag.....have used it and am going back to the 3 man 'A' style or dome style....

Tho, as with any tent, I recommend the swag you get has the w/proof bottom lining as a minimum.

Thats the one I have, I think it was $720 or thereabouts, I had a cheapie flat swag which was fine, got the double dome one so the mrs could come in a bit more comfort.
Can't recommend it highly enough, I absolutely love it, prefer it to the rooftop tent.
Only downside is that its pretty bulky rolled up with bedding inside, bloody huge actually, and it takes prob 2mins to put up & pack away.

Someone does a cheap copy of the southern cross one, saw it at a camping show for I think $250, can't remember who made it though

Last edited:
Thats the one I have, I think it was $720 or thereabouts, I had a cheapie flat swag which was fine, got the double dome one so the mrs could come in a bit more comfort.
Can't recommend it highly enough, I absolutely love it, prefer it to the rooftop tent.
Only downside is that its pretty bulky rolled up with bedding inside, bloody huge actually, and it takes prob 2mins to put up & pack away.

Someone does a cheap copy of the southern cross one, saw it at a camping show for I think $250, can't remember who made it though

Want to sell me your rooftop tent then rich? :)

hi,i have a sahara swag which cost me $179 on fleabay,great swag which is a little better made than the cheapo oztrail gear .At the end of the day ya get what ya pay for ,if ya want a swag that will give years of good service then be prepared to pay alittle more for a good brand if not buy a cheapy

Need it for the mrs an little one, got pretty cramped the three of us in the swag.

By the way, looks like you do get what you pay for with roof toppers, mine is pretty shitty quality

Really? What have you found is shotty with it?

Latest posts

Back