zd30 rebuild options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddymatty86

Reaction score
Talk to engine Australia.

Simon got his parts from there from memory. Whats wrong with your motor ?

Dave.

cheers dave not sure exactly but got to much blow by need to do a compresion test and its overheated a couple of times in the past week the coolant is disappearing somewhere and ive got bubbles coming to the top of the radiator i fill the coolant up before i get in to drive it a couple of times a day mate cant find any leaks anywhere

Hi Daddymatty86,

Have a look at you're engine oil, if it's milky, I'd suggest you not drive it anymore. It will most likely be a head gasket. Head gaskets also create the bubbles in the radiator water. The radiator water could be going out through the overflow reservoir or if the head is cracked it could be escaping to the exhaust ports. Have a look and see if you have water coming out the exhaust pipe.

If it's just a head gasket, it's not a big deal. Top end gaskets, and a good flush out of the engine oil and radiator and you're likely away again. If it's the cracked head, then it needs to be removed, stripped and pressure/crack tested.

Either way the head is going to have to come off so you'll need a new head gasket in any case. You'll also need exhaust manifold gaskets and maybe inlet manifold gaskets as well unless you take the head off with the inlet manifold still attached. You'll also need to borrow a decent torque wrench for torquing the head bolts. Make sure you get the right tightening sequence as alloy heads can warp and crack easily if not sequenced correctly.

If a head gasket it's an afternoons work and about 4-5 beers. If it's a head, it's gonna get expensive and be off the road for a week depending on parts availability.

Good luck,

DJ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back