Dual Battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Hi all, just put a dual battery setup in my mates Ranger :suicide:
Doing the same to my D40 next week, just waiting for custom toolbox being made, for battery.
Basically comprised of Cable from main battery through fuse to ARB/Sure power starting battery isolator all under bonnet, dropped through engine bay into chassis rail and ran all the way through to therear wheel area, from there it pops out and into the back of an MW alloy tool box below tray.
Now here's why i'm so damn proud of it.
Cable is sleeved with the clear plastic tube you can get from bunnings (pain in the arse, plenty cable lube)
Where it comes out of the chassis at the front it curls up and clips into one of the clip things for brake lines and follows those up to batt isolator.
Where it comes out of chassis at back & into tool box i've put it inside 20mm liquid tight metal flexi conduit.
Inside tool box is another fuse for batt cable (fuses only 20A as its only ever charging, big cable used only for volt drop), fuses needed at both ends off batt cable as a battery at both ends.
Fixed 4 way fuse board (jaycar el-cheapo) into plastic accessory box, wireed out of this are 4x 10A circuits, these are wired in a combination of rigid conduit & duct inside the above tray tool box to a back to back dual 12v marine outlet (cig lighter type), so basically 1xdual 12v outlet inside tray & 1xdual 12v outlet outside tray.
Battery used is a 120A/h deep cycle dual purpose with 850ccA so good for jump start if needed.
When my box turns up i'll do mine and post it in the DIY section, no one wants to see photo's of a Ranger do they?
All in all i'm super proud of it, i'm a sparky and take great pride in all my work, but this turned out looking way better than factory.
My mate is a plumber so he's knocking me up a sub tray water storage with about 85litres to fit in with everything else in there, gotta start using it now!
Sorry for long post, will abreviate when I do mine.
Tightlines-:proud: Rich

Sounds great, I'm in the process of doing mine now. My battery is going in the tub so got to suss out battery type and bits and peices yet. The box is in and ready to go. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

Will be doing mine this weekend, big weekend, going to be a big weekend by the look of it, got 95litre water container being fabricated for me so gotta pull the tray off (toolboxes & all) to drop it in then get it back in place so I can move on to the battery. Much swearing to be done & beer to be drunk I recon!

G'day just, how was the weekend, productive?
Pete

Hit so many brick walls I couldn't believe it, an absolute shitfight.
Will have it finished tomorrow, will get some happy snaps then, might post a couple up of my mates ranger cos it came out loads better.

Latest posts

Back