D40 turbo timer, with central locking bypass

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ST88VO

Reaction score
Hey there.

Ive just had a turbo timer installed on my 2010 D40 ST diesel, all works fine.

Only problem is, when the timer is counting down and I pull the keys out, hop out of the car and goto lock it with the central locking, it won't lock. Even if i put the key in the door it will lock the drivers door but not the other 3.

There is a way around this as shown in this thread on nissan-navara.net

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28480

I took my car back to the mechanic to have the mod done, but they said my wiring was different to the D40 in the above thread.

My question is has anyone done this mod to an aussie D40????

Thanks alot. Nick

havent done the mod.. i have a boggard and i use the central lock butten it works with the ignition off in mine but i hold the door open when i press it so the drivers door remains locked position.. little painfull and come close to locking the keys in. but thats the price you pay for loving your turbo... mines an 07 spanish this may differ on thia built...

Can you explain that again please? I can't quite get my head around it. And whats a "boggard"? Ive never heard of that, my bad!

This is a boggard
1040.jpg

Even though they look basic they are plug and play with the ignition loom so there's no trying to figure out wiring, etc.

As for the central locking there has to be wires in the Australian model that do the same thing as that other link you posted its just a matter if finding the correct ones, then it will work

yea i use the manual internal button while the door is open then hop out and close the door and it is all locked. the key will not work while the timer is running.

What button on the door????

My central locking doesn't work at all no matter what i do, while the turbo timer is running...

Ahhh sweet I worked it out haha. I didn't even realise there was that central locking button on the door! Thanks guys :)

So what your all saying is.
With a turbo timer installed upon leaving the car you hit the locking button (on the door or on the console) then get out lock the drivers and shut the door.
Thus making all doors locked, the motor running on the timer and the keys in your pocket as you leave ???????

So what your all saying is.
With a turbo timer installed upon leaving the car you hit the locking button (on the door or on the console) then get out lock the drivers and shut the door.
Thus making all doors locked, the motor running on the timer and the keys in your pocket as you leave ???????

just hold the handle out and the drivers door stays locked but yeah.

Latest posts

Back