Abs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soldering iron, pliers, heat shrink and some speaker wire. I then used conduit and cabled tied up behind the shockers.

*if you have lifted springs you need to extend the rear ABS cables! they cost over $300 dollars each so you need to protect them as when they fail you have no 4WD.

Yeah i have had mine lifted for around 25000kms now only reason im looing to extend is so they are in a better position to protect them and make a plate up ive had 2 fail so far neither being my fault both covered under warranty.
I wonder if any way of turning abs off but still have 4wd

The control module looks at the rotation speed of the front and rear axels using the ABS sensor, if it sees a difference it stops 4WD to prevent damage to the transfercase etc, the example they give in the manual is a difference in tyre diameters. Not sure how you could bypass this.

yeah have you got a electrical schematic i could look at?
So the abs module also controls 4wd does it control anything else?
for damaged to occur from missmatched tyres they would have to be a fair way out tho not like worn and new tyres difference

Soldering iron, pliers, heat shrink and some speaker wire. I then used conduit and cabled tied up behind the shockers.

*if you have lifted springs you need to extend the rear ABS cables! they cost over $300 dollars each so you need to protect them as when they fail you have no 4WD.

Hi 08KINGCAB,
Could you please give discription and photos if possible on how you did the extension .
Would be very much appreciated .
I have a D4O that requires them extending.
Cheers Nisnav40

Yeah i have had mine lifted for around 25000kms now only reason im looing to extend is so they are in a better position to protect them and make a plate up ive had 2 fail so far neither being my fault both covered under warranty.
I wonder if any way of turning abs off but still have 4wd

If you extend them I bet they won't be covered under warranty?!

Sorry I don't have a camera at the moment, I'll try a lend someones phone tomorrow.
But what I actually did was extend the wiring before the plug, so the actual sensor is untouched, that way I can reverse the mod and hide the evidence easily.
It would be great if you could find the plug and socket so you could just make an extension, maybe another Nissan uses the same?.

yeah this is what i was thinking of doing getting plugs to fit and extending instead of soldering after talking to the auto sparkies at work

Latest posts

Back