LED strip light help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido

Reaction score
Hey guys, rookie question here...

I have a 5m roll of 5050 LED strip lighting. It came prewired both ends with red and black wire. My question is, the LED has +, R, G, and B (positive, red, green and blue?) The red wire is soldered to positive and the black wire looks to be bridged across the remaining 3 contacts with solder. Is this correct procedure for a single colour RGB LED?

Cheers
Guido

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
looking at the photo, i'd say that having all three soldered together will bring on all three colours. i've never played with that type but so only running on a hunch. test it on ya ute battery man, wont hurt anything.

well, in physics... all three colors makes white light, dunno bout with circutry though

I'd say its fine. there is most likely 3 individual LED's a read a blue and a green, which as shan b said creates a white light. test it on a 9v battery... if they arent bridged i'd say you would get each individual colour

this is the type of LED they are using. It has 3 chips and more than likely isnt RGB but just white . It has 2 connections per chip so 6 connections in total

smd%205050%20LED.jpg

whereas this is an RGB unit

1.0x0.jpg

Hey guys, rookie question here...

I have a 5m roll of 5050 LED strip lighting. It came prewired both ends with red and black wire. My question is, the LED has +, R, G, and B (positive, red, green and blue?) The red wire is soldered to positive and the black wire looks to be bridged across the remaining 3 contacts with solder. Is this correct procedure for a single colour RGB LED?

Cheers
Guido

They look like the same LED's i have in the back of my ute. They will just be white. If all 3 neg are soldered it will be the brightest it can be. If you only solder 1 it will be dull. You can cut the strip every 3 LED's I have 5 sections of 6LED's in the tub of my ute 2 each side and 1 in the middle and its pretty bright

Just bridge the 3 neutrals (RGB) , you can cut them more frequent then every three if you like you just have a bit more soldering.

Latest posts

Back