tyre pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostin_7

Reaction score
I'm going to have a go at some beach driving this weekend & was wondering what psi should I lower the stock tyres to.
I've heard that if you go to low with the stock setup, you risk popping the tyre off the rim

I thought you only worried about that if you have huge tyres on small rims.
I drop to 20psi and down to 15 if its real soft.

Don't stress mate, you'll handle 18PSI easy. Just don't corner really hard. You'll only pop the bead if you being a dickwad and doing doughnuts, etc.

Drive her right and you'll get even lower than that (I've had mine at 15PSI)

as Joshman said just take her easy and drive right,run it at 18 and should be fine.i had to drop mine to 12 the other week to get out of a dry creek i was hunting in

The softer the sand the lower the pressure
Start at 18 psi, I've had mine down to 12psi in real soft sand
No sharp steering movments and keep under 40 kph

Ill be running 285/75's on 7 inch rims when I hit fraser. Ill let you know how it goes on low pressures :/

Ill be running 285/75's on 7 inch rims when I hit fraser. Ill let you know how it goes on low pressures :/

Now that's a combo I'd be worried about popping the head on. 7"aid rims aren't recommended for 33" tyres. I'm surprised the tyre shop put them on those rims.

Now that's a combo I'd be worried about popping the head on. 7"aid rims aren't recommended for 33" tyres. I'm surprised the tyre shop put them on those rims.

They haven't yet, but they will. Maybe ill get some 8 inch king steels as well. I don't know what offset to get though. Can't find anyone who has done it. Have seen people with 285's on standard rims though which are 7 inch

They haven't yet, but they will. Maybe ill get some 8 inch king steels as well. I don't know what offset to get though. Can't find anyone who has done it. Have seen people with 285's on standard rims though which are 7 inch

Agreed, but even still, that's. It a chance I'd take myself, depend on what rim size you've got, I'm guessing your running 16" rims, I've got +25 rims on ATM, and I'd be tempted to run 33's on those, but ideally I really want 0 offset or maybe a +10

Either way I'll have to massage some inner guard to get 33's to fit.

There is plenty of people out there running 285's on stock rims.
I'm getting a spare too so ill be testing the waters 20psi. Should be okay. If I roll off the bead ill have some start ya bastard and a lighter so ill be right.
Ill need a jack too before I head off.

i run 285's on 7" rims put a really big hole in one of the tyres and drove it out of the sand didnt pop the bead at all good tyres dont pop the bead that easy i also had to cut my old spare off a 7" rim cause the bead wouldnt pop off.

i run 285's on 7" rims put a really big hole in one of the tyres and drove it out of the sand didnt pop the bead at all good tyres dont pop the bead that easy i also had to cut my old spare off a 7" rim cause the bead wouldnt pop off.

What tyres to you run?

put a hole in a brand new mtz that couldn't be repaired , there spec'd for 7.5-8" rims 7" rims work fine bag out nicely with 18 psi. bags out excellent with 0 psi

the one i couldnt get off was a bfg km1 i had to drive the car onto one side of the rim to pop one side then the other side i had to cut off as it wouldn't pop with the car on it.

you have to be doing something really stupid to pop a bead with more then 15 psi in the tyres.

plenty of great info guys..
Is it best to just stick in 4LO with these cars in the sand?

plenty of great info guys..
Is it best to just stick in 4LO with these cars in the sand?

yes, if its soft and you try in 4h youll blow your clutch to bits riding it flat same with most cars, if the sands nice and firm chuck skids in 2h

Latest posts

Back