Rear diff seal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbu

Reaction score
Got a leak on the rear diff seal where the tail shaft goes in. Anyone had to replace one before? Want to know if it is a driveway job or if it is more involved than that.

Sounds like the pinion seal. Mine went last month and Nissan replaced it under warranty. I dropped it off for the day and that was plenty of time apparently.
I can't imagine it's too hard....

had mine replaced(d40) 6 months ago by nissan. could have done it myself, but it requires a new crush washer behind the pinion and a precise torque setting and procedure, otherwise it can create a backlash problem i'm told. it wasn't that expensive, surprisingly!

mine is leaking to mate, i'm thinking my breather was blocked at some stage. Going to get nissian to do it but, if you don't set the height adjustment correctly the crown and pinon teeth mesh will be out causing wear on the heel or toe of the teeth. I think i'll put a diff breather kit on.

Has anyone heard of the seal going that drives the front transfer? I have a nasty leak where the front diff comes out of the gearbox. It seems to only be a drama when its parked facing downhill. I need to know if this is going to cause major problems, or if i can still drive it in 2wd. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. FYI have it on jack stands atm and after wiping away the excess oil, it hasnt formed a drop while the front is in the air.

Latest posts

Back