Update Existing Maps for in dash GPS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magillamelb

Reaction score
Have had my ST-X 550 for a couple of months now and have done a 4000km road trip through eastern states. The factory supplied maps are a disgrace in my mind. Does anyone know where I can get updated maps on a DVD and install them?

I have had the same problem with mine, it is so out of date it's not even funny, if you go in the menu on the unit it says my maps are the 2010 version, the trucks only a couple of months old, $60 odd grand for a ute and all you see is the sat nav showing you driving over fields!! when it went in for the 1000km check i asked them to upgrade it for free as they scratched my tailgate when they were putting the hard lid on before the car was delivered, they reckoned there was not an updated version out at that time but said one should be due soon so it may be available by now. He said they plug the car into their computer and upgrade the maps that way. So i still have the scratch plus another one down the side of the tub that they did at the first service and 10 litres of silicone sprayed all over it to make it look pretty not forgetting about the outdated sat nav, good luck with it mate let me know how you get on as they are seriously muppets to deal with!

Are the maps on hard drive or DVD?
If its DVD I may be able to help. I have an update for my 370z I got off the net free as Mr nissan said nearly $400. Google 464110-4290.iso to suit many cars.

@Adam777
You'd be talking about the Muppet show at South Coast Nissan Tweed Heads.
I've seen there show too, there not even slightly funny.

Last edited:
The maps are stored on the hard drive but are updatable via a dvd as far as i know as there is that option when you go in the units menu. Is the unit more or less the same in your car? does the update you installed run ok?

My system runs off the DVD. The car has a separate dvd player to the 6 stack cd player. It works perfectly. Its a free download.
You can only try.

does anybody know who manufactures sat nav unit?

Just out of interest does anybody know who makes the standard touch screen hard drive sat nav unit fitted as standard to the navara/pathfinder? on the navteq website for the map update disc it says its an eclipse unit but when i had a look on the eclipse website it doesn't look anything like one....... anyone any ideas?

the blacklines are fitted with an eclipse touch unit, claimed to have HEMA maps installed so the tele and sales brochures where saying at the time. couldn't get anymore further than the truth! my unit uses an SD card for the navigation side of things, as far as sourcing a compatible 'real' HEMA upgrade, my efforts have been unfruitful thus far. will be sticking with MUD and HEMA on the ipad!

G'day.
I have issues with the menu requiring exact suburbs. It will not accept my residential address.
It should be easy enough for "hema" to get lots of updated data then upgrading everybody.

Just to let everyone know that the sat nav update is finally out. Have had my Nav since late last year and have been onto them every 2 months or so wanting a free update but until last month it was them usual 'keep in touch with your dealer' bulls**t line. Now it's a case of 'there is a new update but the vehicles are up to date when they are brought into the country so we won't do it for free now'. Like Adam777 pointed out, it puts you out in the paddock somewhere when your supposed to be on the Pacific Hwy. Nissan actually told me they have changed suppliers of the updates because the last company 'just weren't doing them'. it's a joke and has come down to posting complaints on social media to try and get around the Nissan customer service fob off. First and last Nissan that will darken my driveway.....

Latest posts

Back