Oil pressure sender location ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushyd22

Reaction score
I've been trying to find out the best location for the senders for some oil pressure and temp senders on the zd30 without luck.
any of you guys done this and if you have photos and the like it would be appreciated.
its so easy with a sandwich plate and the twist on filters. also the egt i was going to put into the dump pipe unless there is a better suggestion.

5 new gauges i have to find homes for will keep me busy. i'll take some pics and do a diy thread about it.

Bushy

can you fit oil pressure gauge on the existing oil pressure location? bit of a ***** to get to.
oil temp, in the sump or sump plug.
water temp, commonly cut the water hose. heaps of adapters around to fit that.

egt is best pre turbo. but easier in dump pipe especially if it comes fitted with a location.

thanks tweak, i'll have to wait for my other computer to get going again to get access to the manuals for the oil pressure location. i haven't had the sump off yet but it needs a new gasket next service. is it thick enough to drill and tap without worrying about leaks?

and how much variation in readings for pre turbo and the dump pipe?? it is heaps easier to fit in the pipe.

sumps are generally to thin to tap. that why the plug is often tapped for the sensor.
you would have to weld a bit on or fit something like a tank fitting.

difference between pre and post turbo i think is around 150-200 degrees. have a search through the posts, a few run them pre turbo.
in hindsight, with the problems i had fitting the dump pipe which ended up requiring turbo to come off, it would not be a big job to tap the exhaust manifold while its still on the motor. however for pre turbo it pays to stick to a reliable hi quality brand as you do not want a sensor breaking when its before the turbo.

Back