st maxx SPLITTING

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HEM49

Reaction score
Iv got a set on my d22 and had them for 8000km. When airing up (after doing the CREB) yesterday a mate in is prado with 4000km old st maxx noticed what looked like tyre damage but he has them on all 4 in the same spot. 1cm above the rim around the bead area, i checked out mine and iv got the same but on only one of them.
Took car in to tyrepower cairns and was told there been a few like that and its just a "cosmetic damage" and theres nothing that can be done. I think thats bull shit as now my tyres and my mates has a weak point and has to be prone to damage offroad from now on.
I have emailed coopers head office but thought id let fellow offroaders know then they can check out there own tyres

From memory, Shrek who had the Patrol at last years muster had something similar happen and he had them all replaced under warranty. Do some research, because there is a name for it, and go back to where you bought them!

Cheers Brad

There 265 75. I Run 18 offroad and 36 onroad. Coopers head office are calling it stock fold, get a new one tomorrow and mate is getting his friday (17").

Back