D22 trip meters and clock reset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetau

Reaction score
Hi all .. just wondering if anyone has had a similiar problem to me.

i have the str dual cab d22 .. its got the white dials and the digi trip meters and clock.

Every now and then .. these randomly reset .. the clock goes back to 12:00 and my A and B trip meters go back to 0.0 .. .. its almost like the power was disconnected .. but it definitely wasnt.

of course the total km stay the same

it is annoying tho.. cause when your monitoring the distance you been goin and it goes back to 0 .. thats annoying.

any ideas?

dunno mate but i have an 03 dx D22 dual cab and its happened to me to a number of times would like to know why its pretty strange

charge up the battery and check your battery connections and earths. i've had it before and the battery was getting rather flat from doing lots of short trips.

Yeah, this has happened twice to me too. strange. I thought the missus must have left the lights on and then started it of the second battery and didn't notice, but nup, did it again to me a couple months later. had the battery checked and connections cleaned during service after the first time but still did it. strange though!

yeah it is a bit weired .. all my connections are solid as .. battery is in good nic .. its not goin flat .. but every now and then .. ill get in .. and drive off and look at my trip meter .. and its back to 0 .. or like a few ks since i noticed etc ... it does seem to be an odd problem its really annoying when you have a long range fuel tank .. and it resets half way through it

Mine has done it a couple of times aswell, I blamed the missus for pressing the reset button but she swore to me she didn't so now I guess I believe her!

Are any of you using anything plugged into the OBD port, like a ScanGuage? Remember that this port does allow the resetting of the computer (includes trip meter, fuel information etc). If you have a ScanGuage and it's *not* plugged in, does any history remain in the computer after it zeros the trip meter (example: max RPM on last trip)? Take it to a mechanic and ask them to use their Consult II device to check the recent history and see if it's missing.

Have you ever jump-started the vehicle? Has it been submerged to the point where the computer saw any water? Might be worth checking the comp, it might even just be a cold solder joint (if yours is under warranty, get a mechanic to do it).

battery is in good nic .. its not goin flat ..

did you check with a meter or plug a battery charger to see if it would charge up ?

just because lights are going and it turns the motor over doesn't mean its not getting flat.

[I blamed the missus for pressing the reset button but she swore to me she didn't so now I guess I believe her![/QUOTE]

Hehehe

did you check with a meter or plug a battery charger to see if it would charge up ?

just because lights are going and it turns the motor over doesn't mean its not getting flat.

yep .. I had it tested at my auto electricians .. as i thought that might nhave been a signe it was dieing .. but nope .. its charging and its in good nick .. according to their tests.

I hav had this problem since i bough the car new. It doesnt happen often .. and i have taken it back to nissan a couple times .. and they cant find any problems with either batteries .. the computer .. or anything else that could interfere with the computer . i dont run any monitorig or anything.. its pretty stock standard in that regard.

Just an unusual problem .. im not terribly fussed about it .. just a bit weired

hi there, i too have had this problem with the car from new.. nissan cant find the problem either.. weird and annoying....

mine has done this a couple of time but it's totally random ah

yeah totally random ... i have driven 100s kms over corregations and all kinds of different terrains and no problems .. yet one day you drive out of the driveway goin to work .. and its reset .. and it may not happen for ages .

I had a thought re mine and as I recall, it's has only ever occured since the Dual Battery installation and I thought maybe the solenoid may have momentarily cut power whilst switching from battery 1 to 2? But some of you guys are saying it's happened since new. has every one got a DB set up? I was under the impression the solenoid shuts down the #1 battery as soon as you turn the key off...BUT sometimes I'm sitting out the back late at night having a ciggy and I hear "clack" of the solenoid. so it's doing something to regulate between the two at all times. Well at least it did til I sunk the friggen thing!

funny, this happened to me yesterday. I was toying around with a low voltage tester earthed to the engine and contacting the pos terminal on the battery and thats all i did, 1/2 hr later i noticed the clock showed 1.30 instead of 4.00.

I had a thought re mine and as I recall, it's has only ever occured since the Dual Battery installation and I thought maybe the solenoid may have momentarily cut power whilst switching from battery 1 to 2? But some of you guys are saying it's happened since new. has every one got a DB set up? I was under the impression the solenoid shuts down the #1 battery as soon as you turn the key off...BUT sometimes I'm sitting out the back late at night having a ciggy and I hear "clack" of the solenoid. so it's doing something to regulate between the two at all times. Well at least it did til I sunk the friggen thing!

answer to your question about db setups; I have one now but I noticed it well before I installed it.. probably happens about two to three times a year....

answer to your question about db setups; I have one now but I noticed it well before I installed it.. probably happens about two to three times a year....

same as me .. i now hav a DB setup also .. but it has been happening since new .. have had the DB for about 6 weeks.. it hasnt reset yet .. but it will im sure .. it happes 3 or 4 times a year to me to

last time this happened to me. I noticed when starting the car ie(when engaging the starter motor) for a split second the fuel gauge needle dropped backed to empty, then I noticed the clock and trip meters had reset, maybe its something to do with the ignition barrel?

there was a thing on the frontiers site about them having a few quirks (also with the patrols) with fuel gauges. it seams there is poor earths on some vehicles between chassis and body and they tend to get power trying to go through the fuel gauge. i think its related to the rear lights as that's one of the few things that's earth to the chassis rather then the body.

i'll have to dig out the threads, i think a few guys made earth kits for a few different vechiles.

Latest posts

Back