Pinion & Gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
Hi Guys

It looks like there are 4 ratios across the Navara models: 3.133; 3.357; 3.538 and 3.692.
For what I could understand from the Nissan specification on the web I have a RX PU auto (Thai built) which comes with a 3.538, could I swap the pinion and gear with the pinion and gear from a RX PU manual (Thai Built???) which comes with a 3.692?

Thanks a lot

first time seeing this thread, I never knew there were differnet ratios in D40's but would be interested to know what i have in mine.

must change the front to match the rear, changing ratio from auto to man(vise-versa) will also change your pick up speed, highway RPM and torque from a set of lights.

My suggestion is to stick with your current ratio.

Yes gunning that's what I would like to do. As I mentioned I believe I have a 3.538 pinion and gear set and I also believe they are the same front and rear.
I'd like to go to 3.692 which is just a little more than 5%.
Going from original tyres to 265/75 it is an increment of about 5% and by swapping the pinion and gear set for the front and the rear I should get my torque level back as factory set.
Just need to know if Thai build diffs pinion and gear set are able to be swapped between auto and manual versions.
Many thanks

That's what I'm referring to.

Attachments

• diff.JPG
    diff.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 278
Back