Painting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Painting my sliders i built soon. Just primed them. What is a good durable paint (sray can job) that i could use?

I understand they will get chipped, scratched no matter what, but im sure there is better spray paint compared to others out there.

Thanks Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
not sure about in a can mate, but i was told by protec paint that anything polyurethane is tough and has flex to it when dry so it doesn't chip as easily. good for trays, bull bars and what not. tidy work shop you got there mate!

Very tidy workshop mate. That's not what you asked about but its clean. I did my bashplate in the white knights rustgaurd satin black and it hasn't scratched off yet. I use it for everything at work and home and neverhad any dramas.

One question for you. How do you find the Lincoln 180? I'm on the market for a mig and have priced the Lincoln 180, kemppi 200 minarc mig, esab 200 caddy, transmig 200i and the boc 200 smootharc. Just don't know which one to choose. Mostly mild steel work and some light stainless and alloy

not sure about in a can mate, but i was told by protec paint that anything polyurethane is tough and has flex to it when dry so it doesn't chip as easily. good for trays, bull bars and what not. tidy work shop you got there mate!

Cheers mate, ill have a look into the polyurethane stuff, might pop into a paint shop and ask a few questions.

Very tidy workshop mate. That's not what you asked about but its clean. I did my bashplate in the white knights rustgaurd satin black and it hasn't scratched off yet. I use it for everything at work and home and neverhad any dramas.

One question for you. How do you find the Lincoln 180? I'm on the market for a mig and have priced the Lincoln 180, kemppi 200 minarc mig, esab 200 caddy, transmig 200i and the boc 200 smootharc. Just don't know which one to choose. Mostly mild steel work and some light stainless and alloy

Goof Morning.

Ive used the white knights rustgaurd on my work bench, seems like good stuff and thats what i was planing on using, but thought id ask the question and see what people suggested. At the moment thats what ill use.

I love the lincoln. A friend has one and spoke very highly of his. You can pick one up for about 900 bucks if you look around.

I havent got much experience with mig welders so cant tell you to much. Largest/thickess material i have used is 8mm on the sliders. Used a nice big weld prep.

Read great things about kemppi, esab although cost alot more $$. Transmig i heard they have a few problems and boc i got told not to bother.

Lincolns are made in mexico, cigweld in china i believe, not sure about the others. Theres also Miller which sound good too.

If you want to weld alloy with the licoln, you will need a seperate spool gun. Also you need different gas for each matieral i believe. Havent looked into that to much. But could get expensive since you have to hire the bottles.

The little disposable bottles, got told not to bother with. They just dont last and will add up in cost.

The lincoln 180c also has alloy running gear inside, which i liked the idea of, not plastic like some.

Basically i bought mine for mild steel. Making gates, 4wd stuff etc. I think its great for that and fell into my budget.

Heres some weld photos of mine. Im only learning though as i have never used a mig before i bought the licoln. I watched Lots and lots of videos and read a shit load..lol.

Basic info but hope it helps a little.

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 117