coil spacers=cv angles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
just got what was meant to be a 45mm lift for my d40.
bilstein shocks. h/d leafs. king springs etc.
i ended up with 35 mm lift in the front but 65mm in the rear( due to the h/d leafs).
i'm thinking of getting some coil spacers to level the car but i'm worried that the angle of the cv's might cause them to chew out???has any one used spacers with a lift and have you had any probs.
the cv's a pretty much level atm and i would only need 20mm spacers

any thoughts?

cheers blueboy

hey mate

dont take just my word on this as i have a D22 but mine is lifted 3" and its icreased the angle of the CVs but day to day driving the hubs are unlocked so the CVs dont spin (i think thats how it works) therefore there is no load on them ive done some pretty full on 4WDing and havent broken one yet (touch wood) it may cause them to wear out prematurely but i still reckon you would get a good amount of life out of them

can any one clarify this

cheers matt

D40 doesn't have hubs, so your CV's are always turning, I have being told 3" is the max before you get coil bucket contact, but I would guess the CV's will wear more quickly too, I was running 65mm lift until I fitted the bar and winch now I'm around 50mm. No problems yet.

Back