Snorkles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
Hi everyone just a quick question, i have a brand new st-r 2.5 inter cooled and I'm wondering if getting the snorkle is worth getting when ill prob never go into a creek or crossing that's over the bonnet deep.

IS there a noticeable power different after getting one installed?

Do you travel a lot on dusty roads? Snorkels can get cooler, cleaner air from up higher. I didn't notice any performance gain when I installed mine.

Plus........ induction noise sounds cool.

No power gain from mine either, must be very slight gain if any.

Jason is right, they certainly do make noise, don't let the salesmen convince you they don't.

i guess it will get dusty when following a friend off road, but will only happen in the summer when i go up to the river water skiing.

hmm might be a 50/50 thing.

A power gain would only be very small if any, I think snorkles catch more dust, but I maybe stupid? (insert comment) If you'll never hit the bog holes or creeks then save your money and spend it on beer/rum or whatever is your poison.
Cheers.

Hi tbblitz,

I fitted a snorkel to my new 2.5CR D22. I added it because I like the fact that the air entering the snorkel is from above the wind screen where the air will be cleaner and cooler. I also will probably never drive through bonnet deep water.

Air from inside the guard will be drawn in from the engine bay as well as from under the guard. I figure it'll be less dusty. There is no discernible performance gain from the snorkel.

You do hear a whooshing from the turbo which I didn't like initially although now it tells me when I'm using too much foot on the throttle. I drive not to spool up the turbo and it seems to be saving me some fuel.

The noise is loud though, especially when the windows are up.

Cheers,

DJ

Latest posts

Back