Coopers st maxx

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardy D40

Reaction score
Just fitted 5 cooper st maxx 265/75/16 yesterday b4 this I had BFG A/T 255/70/16. I am very happy with the look of these and feel on the road so far and will try them out on wed towing the camper and a bit of mud and sand.

I have them on my d22 aswell they are great in the mud for an A/T tyre and they aren't to bad on the beach either

Yep I've seriously looked at these, the tread pattern is a bit more aggressive than the AT's, but less than the MT's. I've only heard good things about them from forums to real living humans I've spoken to face to face.

As an aside, there's a brand of tyre called Hercules. They're made at the same factory as the Coopers, have the same construction (sidewall, rubber etc) as the Coopers, but different tread patterns. The other difference is they are about $100 per tyre cheaper.

The hercules M/T trail digger tire looks great $295.00 a corner I wonder how they wear!
I have just heard on good authority that these are apparently not made in the same factory as the coopers!
Think I'll stick with what I know, I had the ST Maxx on my last Navara before that had the Cooper ST and the Maxx has heaps more grip especially in the wet.

Last edited:
"el Dorado" anyone heard of these?
I was at a tyre shop that had them the other day, they were an aggressive tread AT, and he was saying they are made by cooper, and about the same price and quality, and therefore, he didnt recommend them. (thats the second tyre shop owner i've met who doesnt rate coopers. the first being the bloke i bought my ST Maxxs off! lol. have to say im very happy with the maxx's)

I have just heard on good authority that these are apparently not made in the same factory as the coopers!

Not being argumentative, I have it on good authority they are, so who can we believe? I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I used to run Khumo's and loved 'em, but I haven't touched them in 10 years.

Im starting to think that all tyres come out of the same factory... The cooper rep told me that Mickey thompson are from the Cooper factory, but are a lower grade tyre.

So i did about 1400k's with the new tyres on the trip all most all of that towing the camper and bitumen and still loving them.
Handled very soft sand really good dirt roads really good didnt get any mud :( hence the soft sand.
On the road i cant believe how much grip they have even when it is pissing down and next to no road noise.
Big tick for me im converted to Coopers now the BFG although they served me well they can stay on the camper.

I've got the Hercules trail diggers MT's and I absolutely love them. The construction is the same as the coopers but not done in the same factory afaik. They are a little slippery in the wet but what MUDs don't suffer from that.

Road noise isn't bad and I'm at 10k's with a lot of highway drivin and next to no visible wear yet. I got them recommended to me by a few mates who had put them through their trails with rotating they said they get 70-80k's out of them.

Was quoted $300 each for 265 70 17, $370 for 285 70 17 ozzy tyres Rockdale.
How are these wearing for people? My mate has them 6000km old and recons they are now very noisy

Fitting up a set of Dick Cepec 285/75/16 AT's on Saturday morning. They are a REALLY aggressive looking AT, but from reading on the Patrol forum, 99% of them are getting well over 80,000kms out of them. Not bad. They are made by Mickey Thompson. Little pricey but supposed to be a fantastic tyre

Back