no horn or cruise control 07 stx d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
hey guys, can anyone be of some assistance? ive got no horn or cruise control working? ive looked for fuses and stuff but no luck i think im :deadhorse: thinking thats the problem. get at me :rock:

Sounds to me like there could be a connection problem somewhere along the steering column given that the common factor between those two items is the wiring loom and the path those wires run.

There was a thread recently, I can't remember the title, about installing the stereo controls of later models into the steering wheel. I think that thread had images of the column and it's wires, which might help you.

Maybe search for "steering wheel controls". From memory you have to be careful of the air bag and the clock switch (expensive little sucker it is) when pulling the steering wheel apart but I think the thread I am thinking of has that information listed.

I had the same problem twice and it was the clock spring(thats what the mechanic called it) that was the problem. Replaced this and it was all fine again. The horn, cruise control and radio switches all use this.

Check out the thread I suggested I'm sure it's got instructions on how to dismantle the steering wheel. It's not a hard task but it's something does require caution.

pull the fuse out and test the voltage at the fuse holder to know if it before or after thier. also will gice indication of whether wireing fault or relay fault

Back