Factory d22 hardlid removal?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys ive got a factory hard lid fitted to my nav and a mate wants me to help him move in a couple of weeks so was going to take it off to make it easier. Anyone had there's off before or know how it comes off if it is easy or not? Cheers

My hard lid's not factory, but very easy to remove. Open it up, have someone stand on the tailgate holding the lid and remove the struts - mine are held by a plate with two screws into the side wall of the tub. Then get the person holding the lid to lift it higher. Mine has two pins that go through the hinges, held in place with a clip mechanism - take these out and you're done. You can get at the pins from outside the tub - no need to crawl in like I did the first couple if times. 5 minute job at the max.

Shouldn't need to remove the gas strut brackets the strut should have a retainer clip that just pops out with a flat blade screwdriver, mine are a bit loose and you can just push the strut sideways and they pop out

Latest posts

Back