ABS Fuse (switch off)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourd40

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to pull a fuse or switch off there ABS while offroad?
I find it a pain in the arse and scary at times so would love to turn it off.

dont know how to turn it off but it does scare the $hit out of me at times too. i thought it should automaticaly disingage when in low but mine dosent....

me to it feels like the brake pedal is trying to throw your foot of when going down a steep decline in low range and also i keep breaking abs cables which f**ks up my 4x4

When heading down steep hills with steps i dont feel confident its going to pull up at all when the ABS kicks in.
Went down one a few weeks ago and had one hand on the door handle ready to bail out. lol

I noticed when i broke a senser while still in 4x4 the abs light came on and the abs itself wasn't working, And 4x4 worked until i put it back in 2x4 and then it wouldn't go back in 4x4 until i got the sensor fixed, so maybe having somthing to break the circut in one of the lines or as you say a fuse as long as its in 4x4 before you pull the fuse or break the circuit it should work.

I have put double thickness conduit on all of my abs lines and re routed them slightly to a more protected spot. i have also fitted abs steel protectors to the rear sensors.. they work a treat and have saved them from big rockes many times.... last steap hill i drove i thought i would put my foot through the fire wall all the wile the abs was firing and nothing happening. very scary i was too scared to think of bailing out...

Latest posts

Back