Time magazines people choice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I'm not usually one for ranting but Time magazines people's choice nominations are out for 2012. These are of course the great and good for 2012 with the selected winner being nominated people's choice for the year.

Just been looking through the list and there are usual politicians and sports people but in amongst them is Felix B (the fella that skydives from the edge of space) who would have my vote and horror of horrors that feck whit PSY!!

What the feck has PSY actually done to render himself among the great and the good other than a shite song and stupid "dance".

For the love of all things good in the world Felix B has to get more votes than PSY!!!

:rambo:

What? I'm not on the list this year?

I agree with terry if Felix can be on the list why can't Psy, I don't like the guy or his video and I don't think he should win but while Felix's efforts are something very few people will ever match and they were amazing it doesn't make him any more worthy to be person of the year.

What the Sam Hill is a PSY?

I hate these lists. Like Father of the Year. Some jerk gets it because he's well known and rich. Well I work a guy whose wife died, he has 3 teenage daughters. He gets father of the year from me most years.

Bloody stupid lists.

What the Psy is a Sam Hill? :ha:

Trust me if you search for Psy you will be inundated with bullshit. Apparently he's the highest viewed SpewTube video.

Well if I have to look at youtube to see what a psy is, i'm not going to bother!

Sam Hill is an American English slang phrase, a euphemism or minced oath for "the devil" or "hell" personified (as in, "What in the Sam Hill is that?"). Etymologist Michael Quinion and others date the expression back to the late 1830s;[1][2] they and others[3] consider the expression to have been a simple bowdlerization, with, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, an unknown origin.

I was being a smart arse but thanks for the effort :cheers:

Psy has been on everything from morning TV to national news and his song has been used on every show that hasn't had him on it, there wouldn't be many who don't know his song, however there would be a lot of people who have no idea of the name of the doofus doing the dance.

Oh my Spew tube careers are so short lived.

I actually don't mind that dumb ways to die. I heard that DH Hinch on the radio picking on the guy who wrote it because he'd used american terms and it was wrong but the guy stood his ground and told Hinchy it was done for a reason and he wouldn't change it even if he had the chance. Then Hinchy picked on the "pie in the fridge" line and said it was too American because we don't put pies in the fridge.

I don't know if the ad will work but it's catchy and much better than psy.

Oh my Spew tube careers are so short lived.

I actually don't mind that dumb ways to die. I heard that DH Hinch on the radio picking on the guy who wrote it because he'd used american terms and it was wrong but the guy stood his ground and told Hinchy it was done for a reason and he wouldn't change it even if he had the chance. Then Hinchy picked on the "pie in the fridge" line and said it was too American because we don't put pies in the fridge.

I don't know if the ad will work but it's catchy and much better than psy.

Well now I have absolutely no bloody idea what any of you are talking about. I may as well talk to my teenage kids!!!!!! & !!!

If you've had the tv on in the last 6 months you've heard Psy there is no way you could not have, I think Play School is the only show that hasn't played a snippet of his song. As for the rail ads they are only relatively new and it's been on the news but I think some people got offended by the topic so there was issues with getting it on tv, it's been in all the papers though.

I could but since they didn't put me on the person of the year list I don't see why I should

He was picking on the guy who wrote "dumb ways to die" not psy, but he's in his last week on air so he's bitching about everyone and generally acting like the child who's toys have been taken off him.

Then Hinchy picked on the "pie in the fridge" line and said it was too American because we don't put pies in the fridge.

We go the the supermarket, we buy a family size pie, we bring it home and put it in the fridge. Then about 40 mins before tea time we take it out and put it in the oven.

Hinch you're an ijut!

Awe come on don't be mean, Hinchy is never wrong. He should be on the person of the year list.

Latest posts

Back