KA24E or TD27

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitey86

Reaction score
hey guys I'm looking for opinions , i am looking to swap out my old and blown Z24 in my D21 Nav with a more reliable motor , I'm thinking either a KA24E or a TD27 any advice would be good
Whitey

KA24E, gearbox bolting patter is the same as the Z24 from memory.

The KA24E's aren't to bad on fuel or even the KA24DE.

You'll be dissapointed with the power of the TD27.

They use the same gearbox, bolting pattern is different though.

A QD32 gearbox will bolt up to a TD27, F5SR30.

^ Same gearbox as the ZD30, but the ZD30 bolting pattern is different to the TD27 and QD32 bolting pattern.

They use the same gearbox, bolting pattern is different though.

A QD32 gearbox will bolt up to a TD27, F5SR30.

^ Same gearbox as the ZD30, but the ZD30 bolting pattern is different to the TD27 and QD32 bolting pattern.

qd32 uses same gearbox as v6's
td27 uses same gearbox as the petrol 4cyl's

if you want speed/aceleration replace ur petrol with the ka
if you want to tow and potter around and go underwater - get a td27T from a wd21 terrano. Dont get a NA t27 they are just gutless.

If you get a td27 you will need a td27 bellhousing to swap your exsisting bellhousing and you will need to add all the diesel fuel system etc.

I went through this swap maybe 4 years ago now? Somewhere I've written up the little bits and pieces to be wary of. Not much, but use your Z24 temp sensor - it matches the temp gauge in the dash. The KA24E sensor is a different resistance range.

Latest posts

Back